No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about pop up blinds and climbers? Can they be used?

Comment

Yeah. Those are both ok. Pop ups are better left to the thick stuff where you can set it out and leave it for the deer to get used to it and won't really be seen by people

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
        Yeah. Those are both ok. Pop ups are better left to the thick stuff where you can set it out and leave it for the deer to get used to it and won't really be seen by people
        Cool. I've got both so. So stands and blinds can be placed and left up?

Comment

Only for 72 hours. I've talked to the feds and they said (unofficially lol) that if its left out, they won't take it, but if it gets stolen, don't com crying. Lol

Comment

BTW guys, I was up checking cameras today and was driving to our normal camp and found section 21 up in blazes. So if any plans to hunt 21, better keep looking. Lol. Really it looked to be about 100 or so acres when I left about 1:00

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
              BTW guys, I was up checking cameras today and was driving to our normal camp and found section 21 up in blazes. So if any plans to hunt 21, better keep looking. Lol. Really it looked to be about 100 or so acres when I left about 1:00
              What days do ya work? And where exactly is the shop?

Comment

GRASSLANDS FIRE – A fire in Unit 21 of the LBJ National Grasslands near County Road 2690 northeast of Alvord had grown to nearly 500 acres late last night. U.S. Forest Service District Ranger Erik Taylor said the cause has been determined as a lightning strike of a tree from Sunday night. The fire smoldered until temperatures rose Monday, and the fire was reported around noon Monday. As of 11 p.m., the fire was considered 25 percent contained. Local fire departments assisting the forest service on the fire include Greenwood/Slidell, Sunset, Forestburg, Alvord, Decatur, Chico, Lake Bridgeport, Bridgeport and Paradise. A Precinct 2 grader, one contract dozer and two contract engines also assisted. There have been no injuries or structures lost in the fire.

Here's a pic overlooking unit 21...for those of you who are not familiar with that unit, its off of 2690...Rhodes lake is on unit 21

Comment

The best part of it is the last sentence!!!

Comment

If we get some good rain the fresh new growth will make the hunting better

Comment

Does anybody hunt next to ball knob cematary?

Comment

Originally posted by CraigDarder View Post
                        Does anybody hunt next to ball knob cematary?
                        I have hunted there before...a little overcrowded now

Comment

Is LBJ part of CA do National Grasslands?

Comment

Sorry meant Caddo National Grasslands

Comment

Another set of Pics here

and Gunner these are the LBJ grasslands...caddo is in fannin county mostly...this is in wise county

Comment

Also Caddo is Texas Parks and wildlife national park, LBJ is ran by the Texas Forestry Service...kind of ran differently

Comment

Working...
                                X