Texas Hill Country trip (long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Hill Country trip (long read)

Left Houston on Sunday with my wife, Sister, young brother and the nephew for a 7 day road trip. Visited the Frio and Garner state park for the first time. We stayed at Magers River Camp and it was great with access to the river. The boys had a great time at the Frio. We picked up and traveled to Henly, Tx to Cottonwood Creek RV park. We visited Jacob’s Well and did some swimming at Hamilton pool the next day. Salt Lick BBQ did not disappoint, we loved their food. Went down the road KOA in Fredericksburg and visited Luckenbach and Fredericksburg Trading days where I found a small saddle for my 1st baby that will be born in February. Tomorrow we will visit Enchanted Rock and one of the Peach Orchards in the area. Those of you who hunt west of 35 are very fortunate to hunt such beautiful hill country side. I grew up hunting and still hunt East, TX. Now I’m considering searching for a lease on this side of TX or trade a doe hunts. It’s been an amazing time and don’t wanna go home Sunday, I hope to come back in more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt out of Concan. Absolutely love it!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've lived up here a while. Sucks bad with the traffic and all. Plus the druggies. Run away. East of 35 is where its at.

Comment

You hit some nice spots. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
          I hunt out of Concan. Absolutely love it!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Man looks like you have a great variety of targets. Nice place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great time. I'm headed to Leakey (Frio River) and can't wait to get out of this rat race and into God's Country.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X