Brake Check Brake Job Reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Check Brake Job Reviews?

Time to replace the brakes pads/shoes on my Silverado. Factory brakes lasted 125K miles and I just heard a squeak so I figure I've done well. Brake Check has the best prices. Anybody use them? What quality are their pads/shoes?

Is that a brake job place? A 6 pack, a socket set, small C-clamp and a trip to O'Reillys and you can be done in about an hour for about $55 dollars depending on the brand of beer you drink. I'd wager you rears are still good but if they aren't add another $40.

Comment

Their add-ons will override any price quotes they give you. Turn rotors if the are not too far gone, then purchase new. Upgrade to super ceramic disc, rotor retainers, anti-sqeak grease, fluid flush and add.

You can do it yourself in a couple hours. Good luck.

Comment

Man if you got the tools or know a buddy that does do it yourself. Brake place is gonna up sell everything they can find.

They will try to get 600 out of you for a $100 brake job

Comment

I can replace front pads no problem, but I failed drum brakes in Auto Tech in highschool. HAHA. Plus I don't have a machine to turn the rotors and drums if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
            I can replace front pads no problem, but I failed drum brakes in Auto Tech in highschool. HAHA. Plus I don't have a machine to turn the rotors and drums if needed.
            Old vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Old vehicle?
              2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Time to replace the brakes pads/shoes on my Silverado. Factory brakes lasted 125K miles and I just heard a squeak so I figure I've done well. Brake Check has the best prices. Anybody use them? What quality are their pads/shoes?
                It takes longer to take the wheel on and off then to do the brake job.

Comment

I would imagine you have 4 disc brakes. You can take your rotors to Oriely's and have them turned for about $15 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlington BowHunter View Post
                    I would imagine you have 4 disc brakes. You can take your rotors to Oriely's and have them turned for about $15 each.
                    Nope. Drums in the back. But I didn't know O'reilly turned rotors/drums. Thanks

Comment

how is that possible? im not a chevy guy but I changed them out on my dads 2003 1500 z71 and moms 2005 Yukon years ago and they were disc all the way around. Not saying it isn't true, just surprised they would have drums on something that new

Comment

So have drums some don't. Its weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                          how is that possible? im not a chevy guy but I changed them out on my dads 2003 1500 z71 and moms 2005 Yukon years ago and they were disc all the way around. Not saying it isn't true, just surprised they would have drums on something that new
                          My prior body style Silverado had discs all the way around. Not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                            Yep, for certain packages they only had drum's. I had a 2010 GMC that only had drums.

Blew my mind, but at least i didn't have to clean brake dust all the time.

Comment

I have used them with moderate success. Front brakes on my Ranger no problem. Rear drums were a whole other issue. I kept having to take it back every 6 wks or so for a year. Finally a new set of eyes replaced a tiny OEM spring. Everything else was brand new. Problem was solved. They took it back every time with no complaints other than they were frustrated they couldn't get it right.

I had a mobile mechanic come to the house and replace the brakes to my Dodge and it was cheaper than brake check.

Comment

Working...
                              X