Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~ Who has experience with SCENT THIEF scent spray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a bottel a month ago. I’ve used it on 8-10 sits. Doesn’t work any different than anything else I’ve ever tried. I won’t be buying more.

Comment

If you used scent thief... whyd you think a deer spooked on doe in heat....

Are you guys actually reading what you post?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        If you used scent thief... whyd you think a deer spooked on doe in heat....

Are you guys actually reading what you post?
        Did you read what I said ????

.. my opinion is this does not destroy the ability to smell , it’s a cover up scent. I mean give me a break .... smells like concentrated pine sol ?!?!
        My theory is it has that strong “ cedar like smell” ... probably so strong it masks human scent so most times animals don’t freak out. However, it’s so strong we have seen some animals get weird in it. Not every animal likes this stuff. Personally... I’ve got past more animals with this weird junk than scent killer. So I’ll continue to use it. Use what you want —

Comment

Just like anything else Everyone has their own opinion! I am the biggest skeptic ever!
          But after having 15 axis at 15 yards downwind... that’s all I need to make me feel good! Before then I had about 6 encounters that made me “ na it was just a coincidence” but after the axis experience ON A DAY LEASE... that was the proof to my pudding!! That’s all I will use!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used it last week for the first time on public land. The wind was predicted to be in my favor, but was not. When I got to the stand the wind was blowing directly to my corn. I sprayed down and sprayed the inside of the blind. I had a doe come in downwind and she was extremel nervous. She would eat and then dart off into the brush and come back and do it again. She stuck around long enough for me to get an arrow in her. Previously any deer that got down wind of me was gone, they would blow and take off. While I don't think this stuff eliminates their ability to smell, I do think it is good at masking human odor.
            Last edited by Sideler; 11-25-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I tried it Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I woke up Tuesday with a predetermined route. unfortunately the wind had changed. I really didn't notice it until about 400 yards in. I changed direction just a bit to quarter downwind to setup on the other end of the little hillside I had chosen.

Once I got there I knew my decision was not real smart, but I stuck it out. I didn't see anything downwind, but I did see a buck downwind of where I quartered downwind about an hour earlier. Unfortunately, I had an unexpected cough, I saw a flash of white and a glimpse of antler. Don't know if it was a spike or 12 point monster.

About 30 minutes later 4 does crossed my trail behind me and showed no nervousness.

This is nothing definitive, as I have only seen about 10-12 deer in 3 years of hunting. I only go about 2 or 3 times a year for a couple of days at a time. I just like to get out once in a while and act like I'm hunting and carry my 45-70 into the woods.

I will say this is the most deer I've seen in one sitting and all were lingering around downwind of my trail of an hour past. I'll try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                That’s all I will use!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if it doesn't work the next trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  What if it doesn't work the next trip?
                  It just means the deer have learned to associate the smell with humans

Comment

For years when people have said that adding a new smell to an area will have deer running to the next county. I've said not really

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      For years when people have said that adding a new smell to an area will have deer running to the next county. I've said not really

I think you've already said that in this thread. Maybe twice. Or maybe it was in the other Scent Thief thread. [emoji23]

"The county" is such a big place so naturally by default your out on a limb claim is going to be true. Hell they stay in the same county when they see a human or smell an ultra-concentrated version of us. That's like saying a new smell won't run them to Mars.[emoji23]. You might as well add that to your claim too.[emoji23]

I couldn't care less if they stayed in the county. I need them in a 40 yard area and it didn't happen with your favorite cover scent.
                      Last edited by Smart; 11-26-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I think you've already said that in this thread. Maybe twice. Or maybe it was in the other Scent Thief thread. [emoji23]

"The county" is such a big place so naturally by default your out on a limb claim is going to be true. Hell they stay in the same county when they see a human or smell an ultra-concentrated version of us. That's like saying a new smell won't run them to Mars.[emoji23]. You might as well add that to your claim too.[emoji23]

I couldn't care less if they stayed in the county. I need them in a 40 yard area and it didn't happen with your favorite cover scent.
                        I'd be glad to come to your place with a folding chair, bag of corn, and a camera
                        As for my multiple replies, I'm only trying to let the scent thief folks understand that .....it ain't that special.

Comment

So .... uhhhh

What's the latest experiment ?

Any big bucks killed , Audad , Axis using this .... lol

Comment

Ol Booby here got him a big whiff of it and it swolt his nose right up! It works![emoji12]

Comment

Ol Booby here got him a big whiff of it and it swolt his nose right up! It works![emoji12]

Yup, this sold me.
                              Cant argue with science and pictures.
                              I"m having our place crop dusted with it.
                              [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                                So .... uhhhh

What's the latest experiment ?

Any big bucks killed , Audad , Axis using this .... lol
                                My son and I have used this product every time out and we've hunted a pretty good bit this year, we spray down with a scent killer then spray down with scent thief, does it help, I think so, I am pleased with how deer have acted around our stands, I certainly don't think it hurts. I'm a bow hunter only, don't really rifle hunt anything, I spend a lot of time trying to be better at it, I've gotten pretty good at concealment, noise control, stand placement etc., but the one thing I can't seem to beat is a deers nose. I will admit I have tried a lot of things, spent a lot of money on gimmicks, but for now I believe this stuff works and will continue to use it. We have hunt a few different places, on our home place in Madison county we have had no luck getting our target deer killed, but on our lease in Mason my son shot a 152, which is the biggest deer taken on the lease to date, and on a place in Water Valley I hunt, I killed a 157, largest deer killed so far this year. These deer were low fence, native deer, both bow killed from ground blinds at less than 25 yards. Can't say what this stuff will do for you, but right now it's staying as part of our game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X