The Crush, what the heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Crush, what the heck?

Lee just took a shot on a giant white tail, at 64 yards in the rain, looked like a gut shot to me. 64 yards in the rain ?

I personally wouldn’t take that shot As I don’t practice out that far. Don’t have an issue with him doing it though. They make a living killing big bucks I’m sure he practices that distance and was confident he could make it.

Comment

This surprises you? Why?

Comment

Probably wasn’t the best situation for a 64 yard shot, but Lee doesn’t miss the mark much. He’s usually dead nuts. Now his wife...she could spine an invertabrate.
        Last edited by Sleepy; 08-12-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          Probably wasn’t the best situation for a 64 yard shot, but Lee doesn’t miss the mark much. He’s usually dead nuts. Now his wife...she could spine an inertabrate.
          LOL Her and that Kandi Kisky lady. Horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            This surprises you? Why?
            I guess because I try to eliminate as many things as I can, that could go wrong, taking a shot of that distance I would think greatly increases the chance of wounding an animal. When I hunt in the rain I also worry about even close shots, blood trails get hard to follow in the rain. To each his own, for my taste that shots to risky.

Comment

Gotta have footage for the "crush" fan's

Comment

I am ‘old school’, I bow hunt to get close

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                  Gotta have footage for the "crush" fan's
                  Indeed ! Nothing more important than that.

Comment

They take shots at that distance all the time and think nothing of it. How many they lose that they don't show on film, I don't know. Maybe none?

Comment

Ha! You just seen that too huh? He ended up finding him so....oh well. 201” may be worth the risk to some.

Comment

Big deer make people do dumb things.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                          Lee just took a shot on a giant white tail, at 64 yards in the rain, looked like a gut shot to me. 64 yards in the rain ?
                          Blood trail definitely wasnt guts. Qrt’ing away and he hit liver and backside lung.

Dead deer, fully recovered.

Very few people could put shoot Him. More power to him

Comment

I hear ya. Not a far shot if he is proficient at it though. I don’t think I would a do that on a whitetail even though I practice at that range.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

Blood trail definitely wasnt guts. Qrt’ing away and he hit liver and backside lung.

Dead deer, fully recovered.

Very few people could put shoot Him. More power to him
                              I think his shot was true, reason he hit him it the guts was the deer moved. I don’t care how good a shot you are, a shot at that range gives the deer a lot of time to move. Don’t know much about the recovery other than what footage made the show. Call it what you want the liver is guts.

Comment

Working...
                              X