Shipping firearms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping firearms?

A buddy and myself are planning on trading handguns. How do we have to go about shipping them legally or where would I be able to find this info. Does a FFL need to be used even when it is a private transaction? He lives in Arizona and I’m in Fort Worth. Just trying to make sure it gets done legally.

Your comprehensive guide to understanding gun laws across all 50 states in the United States. Stay informed and stay safe.

This looks like it might be helpful.

Comment

Out of state has to go through FFL for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

This!

Comment

Yes each gun will need to be shipped to an FFL. If I'm not mistaken Fedex is the only carrier that will accept functioning firearms.

Comment

This

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Go to your local gun store and ship it through them. I can ship through my dealer for 20-40 dollars depending on insurance and weight. If you take it to fedex yourself, they will make you overnight it and it will be ~ $100

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Go to your local gun store and ship it through them. I can ship through my dealer for 20-40 dollars depending on insurance and weight. If you take it to fedex yourself, they will make you overnight it and it will be ~ $100
                    This. USPS wont ship pistols, and the private postal companies will bend you over.

Comment

Buds Guns, has a listing of FFL people for each state, and their prices.

Comment

Shipping firearms?

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post

You can’t ship a firearm across state lines except in very special circumstances.

And you have to make sure the receiving FFL will accept shipments from an individual.

Best to ship FFL to FFL.

Comment

We are a local AAL in the DFW area and can help you out.

feel free to message me and Ill get you my personal contact info.

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          This. USPS wont ship pistols, and the private postal companies will bend you over.
                          USPS will ship pistols only for FFL's

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                            We are a local AAL in the DFW area and can help you out.

feel free to message me and Ill get you my personal contact info.

USPS will ship pistols only for FFL's
                            Yeah, but I meant regular joe blow can’t. It’s why having an FFL ship is usually a bargain compared to fedex.

Comment

You can’t ship a firearm across state lines except in very special circumstances.

And you have to make sure the receiving FFL will accept shipments from an individual.

Best to ship FFL to FFL.

No issue shipping across state lines to an FFL

And if you read my post I suggested going FFL to FFL cause it is considerably cheaper.

Not sure if you are disagreeing or why you quoted me really

Comment

Working...
                              X