No announcement yet.

Malinois Belgian Shepherds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is this person pretending to be BOB?

Comment

I have one and love that sucker to death. He’s about a year and half old and the only true problem is he tends to still get a little mouthy when he gets too excited. But other than that I’ve hardly met a more intelligent dog

Comment

This is my girl, she's a GSD from the Netherlands. She his fairly high drive, but crazy focused on work/play, doesn't mind the puppy (also GSD, from a friend's family litter) jumping on her or anything. Hopefully the pup will catch on how to behave from her and save me some work, lol.

I've got some friends with Mals, crazy dogs, NEED to have a job to do, not just running around.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

This is Maximus, passed away two years ago, but an awesome well behaved dog.
          Loved all kids, but wouldn't trust strangers until he saw I was good with them. Then would love them.
          With no training, he figured out how to find my deer, and his last season hunting, he even retrieved a duck from the middle of the pond for me.
          I will be hard pressed not to only get GSDs.Click image for larger version

Name:	1935600_112117061436_42122_n(1).jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	24546271Click image for larger version

Name:	216980_10150159461951437_2053287_n(1).jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24546272

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome dogs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Huh?

Just not use to you excepting and complimenting other breeds so nicely. Just a lame attempt at humor.

Comment

BoB is a man that came out Saturday night with his wife and cheered on Riley at the Wimberley Rodeo and even though she didn't have the greatest run he cheered her on and praised her afterwards. BoB aka Billy is a good man even though he is a butthurt longhorn loyal

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    BoB is a man that came out Saturday night with his wife and cheered on Riley at the Wimberley Rodeo and even though she didn't have the greatest run he cheered her on and praised her afterwards. BoB aka Billy is a good man even though he is a butthurt longhorn loyal
                    Again ..just jokes fellas. bob is usually sensitive when it comes to dog talk except in this thread hence the comment. Did not realize it was such serious subject but now I know. Carry on with dog talk.

Comment

Do not get discourage from getting a Malinois. Understand that most of the LE, Military K9's come from European working lines and go thru a selection process that required for them to have the requisite drives to perform a specific task. That is the reason for some of the comments of guys that are currently working or have experience with LE working Mals.

I am a trainer/instructor for my Agency for detection work. I have the experience of training Malinois, GSD, DDR/Czech, Dutch Shepherd. I am on my third service K9, all of them Mals. Two of them currently live with me at this time, one is 11 years old and retired over a year ago, the other one is 2 years old and is currently my working partner.

One thing to consider between the GSD/DDS-Czech and Malinois is their life span. Malinois tent to live longer with less health issues and hip problems. I seen GSD and DDS-Czech that have to be retired at six years due to hip problems.

You already have the space, and if you have the time talk to some reputable breeders let them know what are you looking for and they should be able to recommend one that is suitable for family and personal protection.

Comment

Again ..just jokes fellas. bob is usually sensitive when it comes to dog talk except in this thread hence the comment. Did not realize it was such serious subject but now I know. Carry on with dog talk.
                        Nah. Bob just likes to talk smack and jack with people. Lol. In this case a friend is looking at getting a dog. Not the right time for smack. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                          Do not get discourage from getting a Malinois. Understand that most of the LE, Military K9's come from European working lines and go thru a selection process that required for them to have the requisite drives to perform a specific task. That is the reason for some of the comments of guys that are currently working or have experience with LE working Mals.

I am a trainer/instructor for my Agency for detection work. I have the experience of training Malinois, GSD, DDR/Czech, Dutch Shepherd. I am on my third service K9, all of them Mals. Two of them currently live with me at this time, one is 11 years old and retired over a year ago, the other one is 2 years old and is currently my working partner.

One thing to consider between the GSD/DDS-Czech and Malinois is their life span. Malinois tent to live longer with less health issues and hip problems. I seen GSD and DDS-Czech that have to be retired at six years due to hip problems.

You already have the space, and if you have the time talk to some reputable breeders let them know what are you looking for and they should be able to recommend one that is suitable for family and personal protection.
                          Hmmmmm, that is usually the case with American lines. Those issues are not normal with pure European lines. They breed specifically for good temperment, health and longevity. No health issues coming from Novotny's lines or DDR.

Comment

These are some absolutely beautiful dogs you guys have.

I was leaning towards a GSD for our next dog, but have struggled with whether or not I'll even have the time to play with one of those enough each day. We don't live on a big lot, but have a lot of parks around us where people run dogs.

I guess I'll have to really sit down and think. Or move. Or get a Yorkie Poo. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post

Agree on breeding/European lines, but when getting a puppy you never know what genetics you are getting in that particular dog. We have had two calls in the past month from people who purchased American bred Mals and want to get rid of them because they can't handle them and don't have the time to work them or train them.

I've been I k9 for over 10 years now.

Comment

You wanna see some crazy folks go on working dog forumns and facebook groups. Man they take that stuff seriously. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X