AK trip recap (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK trip recap (pic heavy)

thought I would share some pics from my Alaska trip. Spent 9 amazing days exploring and fishing the Kenai Penninsula with Alaska Fishing Adventures (www.alaskanfishing.com). They are a TOP NOTCH outfitter and took care of every single detail imaginable. We fished Seward, Homer, the Kenai River, the Russian River and took a float plane over the Cook Inlet and about 35 minutes flying time into the bush to chase Silvers. Stayed at their "Anglers Lodge" located on the Kenai River. Full-time chef and amazing lodge staff that never missed a detail.
    Got the pics of this big sow grizzly and her two cubs on our float plane trip. We came around a bend in the river and she was napping on the rock. She was super patient and let us observe her from about 25 yards for about 10 minutes. Took a helicopter to the glaciers in the Prince William Sound and hiked around on the fresh water source for our planet... drank directly from the glacier creek - it was delicious. The fishing was amazing as was all the wildlife. The giant reindeer was at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center - his rack was nearly 5 feet wide!
    Can't wait to get back and do some hunting on the next trip. Hope you enjoy!
    Attached Files

Amazing pictures...Looks like a great time..

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Wth kinda critter is that???

It has a tree on its head!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post

Yea, it is a reindeer. It was the largest they had, but there were three others that were nearly that big as well. It was incredible

Comment

Trip of a lifetime, great pics

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post

Tree? I see a forest on his head!

Awesome pics

Comment

wow

Comment

I would have to find a way to make a living there. That is awesome. Thanks for the post!

Comment

wow just wow

Comment

Only problem I had when I went was that I didn't wanna come home. Seriously thought about how to make a living up there but the wife wouldn't consider it.

Comment

absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

Brown bear pics are awesome. Especially sleeping on the rock.

Comment

Quality photos, thanks for sharing.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X