Toxic drum???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic drum???

I need your opions. Neighbor gave me a 55 gallon drum with lid. No dents etc. One problem this is NOT a food grade drum. I want to make a DIY smoker but I am scared of the health risks. Some have told me just to burn it a few hours and it will be good. Your take? Yay or nay?

Youll be fine

Comment

X2^^^^^^^^

Comment

Drums aint something to mess with. If its worrying you now, it'll only get worse when your cooking in it later on.

Comment

Drums are cheap. Not worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
            Youll be fine
            Ha ha, that's very easy to say when you're not the one eating from it.

An unknown drum is NOT something you should make a smoker out of. Some chemicals can impregnate the metal and never be fully removed.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
              Ha ha, that's very easy to say when you're not the one eating from it.

An unknown drum is NOT something you should make a smoker out of. Some chemicals can impregnate the metal and never be fully removed.
              Well if they aint gonna come out then I guess hell be fine wont he
              Besides nobody said it was "unknown" ....he said it wasnt food grade.
              Last edited by JSF; 04-26-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead On View Post
                Drums are cheap. Not worth the risk.
                Perfect answer; I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
                  Well if they aint gonna come out then I guess hell be fine wont he
                  Besides nobody said it was "unknown" ....he said it wasnt food grade.
                  Ok, I've got some non food grade drums for you whenever your ready to make a smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
                    Ok, I've got some non food grade drums for you whenever your ready to make a smoker.
                    Ive already got one......it has this cool little sticker on it too but unfortunately I cant read german[ATTACH] bet your jealous.....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JSF; 04-26-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Not any worse than lining your interior walls of your house with lumber off of used pallets

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                        Not any worse than lining your interior walls of your house with lumber off of used pallets
                        if you've done this than I'm guessing that it's the least of your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by bt2143 View Post
                          if you've done this than I'm guessing that it's the least of your problems.
                          Not me but someone else here on tbh. I got 26 years working in a chemical plant i know what's been in barrels and on pallets

Comment

I've got some NORM drums for ya if you're comfortable making a smoker out of anything

Comment

Working...
                            X