Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buff Question

Buff,

With the number of Widows that you own and the number and varity of critters you have killed how have you not been placed in a Black Widow catalog?

This is a good question
    We know Buff is not camera shy

Comment

Better question: How is he not in some kind of Bowhunting Hall of Fame?

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Better question: How is he not in some kind of Bowhunting Hall of Fame?

Bisch
        Right???

Comment

Black Widow has taken very good care of me over the years

Now y'all quit all this before you embarrass me

Comment

MEB thanks for asking and I think you deserve a better answer than that

If Black Widow used the elephant picture in their catalog, half the folks would think.... wow a elephant with a recurve that is pretty cool.
            The other half would think a elephant with a recurve, how awful.

Look how folks treated that guy who bought the Rhino hunt from the SCI.

I have never been a safe bet for anybody to use in their advertising. I may spend two weeks in Wyoming hunting spot and stalk Mule deer in the mountains, then go home and shoot a sheep behind a high fence. When it comes to shooting stuff my moral compass is fairly low.

That lack of high ethics is most likely what will always keep me out of any hall of fame stuff. Truth be told I'm a pretty poor choice as a Trad guy. I just never got into the whole challenge of the Traditional stuff.
            I hunt with one because it brings me more pleasure than hunting with a compound or a rifle. I actually think compounds are pretty cool. Just for me watching my arrow hit right where I wanted it to is a really big part of the whole experience.

Thanks for the kind words but I would rather just keep doing what ever trips my trigger than have to worry that shooting a pig under a feeder inside a high fence my offend someone and hurt some fellows business.

Comment

He's a stone cold killer. That offends some people. =)

Comment

Great explanation Buff! I like your style!

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Good stuff there Buff. Like your style

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

If Black Widow used the elephant picture in their catalog, half the folks would think.... wow a elephant with a recurve that is pretty cool.

I have never been a safe bet for anybody to use in their advertising. I may spend two weeks in Wyoming hunting spot and stalk Mule deer in the mountains, then go home and shoot a sheep behind a high fence. When it comes to shooting stuff my moral compass is fairly low.

That lack of high ethics is most likely what will always keep me out of any hall of fame stuff. Truth be told I'm a pretty poor choice as a Trad guy. I just never got into the whole challenge of the Traditional stuff.
                      I hunt with one because it brings me more pleasure than hunting with a compound or a rifle. I actually think compounds are pretty cool. Just for me watching my arrow hit right where I wanted it to is a really big part of the whole experience.

Thanks for the kind words but I would rather just keep doing what ever trips my trigger than have to worry that shooting a pig under a feeder inside a high fence my offend someone and hurt some fellows business.
                      Your way and my way of thinking is quite similiar. It just about got me kicked out of Tradgang after a "discussion" I had with Don Thomas. I kinda just drifted away on my own after a while.

I like to think of myself as a purist with a dash of Redneck Texan thrown it. I think you could probably wear that hat too.

Comment

Well put, Buff. Hunting should be about what fires you up and challenges you; not what someone else expects or wants you to do. Still, you seem pretty dang legendary from here; enjoyed your comment a while back about using your 65-lb "girly" recurve, instead of the 80-pounder. Getting to be Howard Hill-esque, right there.
                        Last edited by tradtiger; 06-09-2014, 12:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't care what others think, you'll always be on my hero list, Marty!

As for the lack of "ethics", what a bunch of hooey.
                          I think one of your own lines, if I may quote you, best explains that ...

"I've got the self restraint of a puppy!"

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

For all you've done and accomplished of which I'm sure I only know a small portion you have a great attitude towards hunting. Not only what you want out of it but how other perceive it.

Thanks for staying true to that belief and not wavering to make some group happy.

I could go on but it would get real sappy….

Comment

I became a fan of Buffs videos(and Buff) years ago on HF.com.
                              Watching the vid where that big ol pig tried to get in the blind with him....seeing the arrow bury feather deep and then listening to that hog die right beside the blind!!!
                              Thats what made me a fan!!!

Just being real in his pursuit of game.......whether it be under a feeder, behind a "fence" or in another country....he has always been entertaining to me.

And you aint got to worry about if his freezer is full...thats for sure!!

Comment

Working...
                              X