THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
    I did mention that getting an access key on a monthly basis. But that was better than the possible 72 hours to a week that was mentioned during the call. Honestly as a hunter I would not mind getting the key for the entire deer season. Which would include the archery season, general and the doe spike season as well. But from my understanding the City might not like the idea of having keys checkout that long with none being checked back in.
    How much of a deposit are ya'll thinking?
    Where would we have to go an checkin/out the keys, SAPD?

Thanks again,
    TXHORNZ,

We had another meeting this morning, and the new consensus is issuing keys for 1 year. At the moment, we are weighing the possibility of a $100 deposit. Thoughts on that? As for where the keys would be issued from, we haven't discussed that yet. It likely would be from a Parks Department facility, either Santa Fe Crossing or the Convention Center.

Anthony Wilson
    Civic Events Manager
    City of San Angelo

Comment

Guys,

Yet another update in our fluid situation regarding limiting vehicular access to the land around TBR. The deposit to receive a key through certain access points will be $50 -- half of what we initially talked about. And, depending upon demand and the SAPD's support, we may give access through gates besides those along the equalization channel. Thoughts?

If anyone would like to receive the background materials the Council will receive, post your email address here ... or call me at 653-5328 ... and I'll be happy to send those to you.

Anthony Wilson
      Civic Events Manager
      City of San Angelo

Comment

Mr. Wilson,
        Please send the background material that you mentioned. I have not hunted TBR in years but I like what you are talking about doing and would probably fequent the area again if the regs are stepped up. Gardener Dam is a great place to spend time outdoors but the ruts in the road (from all of the 4x4 traffic when its muddy) were more than I could take. My email is todd_cummings@suddenlink.net.
        Thanks again
        btw.. 50 bucks sounds more than reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
          Mr. Wilson,
          Please send the background material that you mentioned. I have not hunted TBR in years but I like what you are talking about doing and would probably fequent the area again if the regs are stepped up. Gardener Dam is a great place to spend time outdoors but the ruts in the road (from all of the 4x4 traffic when its muddy) were more than I could take. My email is todd_cummings@suddenlink.net.
          Thanks again
          btw.. 50 bucks sounds more than reasonable to me.

Todd, I just emailed you some info. For anyone else who is interested, you can find background info about what's being proposed for Twin Buttes Reservoir at http://sanangelotexas.us/vertical/Si...F3E9E07%7D.PDF. Or, send me your email address and I'll be happy to email you some Word documents.

The meeting tomorrow begins at 9 a.m. It's always hard to tell exactly when any item will come up for discussion. You can watch the proceedings online at http://sanangelotexas.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={5966560C-74DE-4793-B773-04B626867C09}.

Thanks again for all of your interest and input. You've been a big help in guiding us to where we want and need to get on this issue.

Anthony Wilson
          Civic Events Manager
          City of San Angelo

Comment

Guys

I talked to Mr. Wilson this morning. I think what they are implementing is a GOOD idea but may need to have some kinks worked out. TGW has some good points and concerns. I hope the city takes them into consideration as well. Some of these things are going to take some tmme and patients to get used to but if you have any suggestions or ideas please bring them forward to city council. If you ve spent any time at TBR lately its become pretty sad and drastic measures may be exactly what we need to combat it.

Next council meeting over TBR will be concerning the revamping of local TBR ordinances (or lack of...hee heee sorry couldnt resist) I will keep up to date as its procedes.

Comment

Hafernick,

How could i retire from one thing i am good at doing. Tails and Tunes!

Comment

Just to update you, the City Council this morning authorized us to begin erecting the fencing and gates to limit vehicular access around TBR. We will go back to the Council on the 25th with more details about how the process of issuing access through those gates would work, and we will present our recommendations for revising the ordinances that govern the lakes, its parks and the property around them. (Most of the ordinance remains as it was drafted in 1959, so some of it needs updating very badly.) If any of you would like a copy of the proposed ordinance changes, please email me at anthony.wilson@sanangelotexas.us or call me at 653-5327, and I will be happy to share those with you.

The hunting community has been great to work with on this issue. Your suggestions and questions have been spot-on. Thanks for your interest. And a special thanks to SanAngeloBowman for coming to the Council meeting today and addressing them personally. You can catch the Council meeting on Channel 17 beginning Thursday at 10:30 A.M. Sunday through Tuesday, 11:30 A.M. Wednesday through Saturday, and 6:30 P.M. everyday for the next two weeks.

Anthony Wilson
                Civic Events Manager
                City of San Angelo

Comment

Next San Angelo City Council meeting is January 25th and the phase II part of TBR will be discussed that covers new ORDINANCES. So if you care ....you need to be there. You will have a chance to comment IF you have a concern about a new ordinance or see something that we may need to add for consideration. Now is your chance. Please be there.

Comment

I'd like to offer congratulations to the hunters and City of San Angelo for what looks to be a cooporation into cleaning up and preserving a public area. I've never been to TBR, probably won't, but it's nice to know I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      I'd like to offer congratulations to the hunters and City of San Angelo for what looks to be a cooporation into cleaning up and preserving a public area. I've never been to TBR, probably won't, but it's nice to know I can.
                      The key people involved in this project (I.E. the ones that will actually DO the work) are all committed to seeing TBR back to its NATURAL state asap. We also would like to point out that the current City Council. Lake Maintenance dept., and the new SAPD Lake Division, AND Game wardens are all doing an excellent job of seeing this project thru and getting support needed for all these fine folks to be able to do their jobs and enforce the rules when necessary.
                      Last edited by SanAngeloBowman; 01-17-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

A HUGE thanks goes out to the SAPD and Game Wardens for their Quick responses (and MULTIPLE) out at TBR. sorry to have to call you guys so much, but WE (the law abiding folks) sure do appreciate knowing help is only a phone call away

Comment

Is Zach still the game warden there? He had a woman riding with him while I was there. Is she still there as well?

Comment

GW

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
                            Is Zach still the game warden there? He had a woman riding with him while I was there. Is she still there as well?
                            Hafernick, not sure about Zach but out at the FM2166 (Boys Ranch Rd.) entrance I was visited by an female GW. I think her name was Cynthia. She was nice to me but I can see that if put into the bad situation she could hold her own.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
                              Hafernick, not sure about Zach but out at the FM2166 (Boys Ranch Rd.) entrance I was visited by an female GW. I think her name was Cynthia. She was nice to me but I can see that if put into the bad situation she could hold her own.
                              I think that was her. She was in training (I believe that is why she was riding with Zach). They probably both have different areas within the county now. If you anyone ever talks to the regularly ask them about the time they checked 4 college students who were ducking hunting.

I was checked by Zach about 3 years after this and he remembered me. He told me that when he pulled up he thought he was going to be needing a new citation book. But we ended up just getting a warning and pulling him out of the mud...

Comment

Cindy is the Hispanic gal that ya probably see over around Unit 4 and Jason usually is around the south side of lake area. Both are top notch folks and we appreciate what they do around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X