Dang Racoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Racoons

We are torn up with these suckers and they are destroying our corn supply and feeders. We have had to replace 2 solar panels and one control panel.

We are going to try the feeder discs, does anyone have any experience with these and do they work?

Other ideas? treble hooks on the legs? small c4 charges??

Thanks!!

Build a wire cage that's attached to bottom of feeder barrel. Secure everything inside of it, including the solar panel. No more coon problems since I did this.

Comment

we had one and we have a game pic of about 10 hanging from it and it was on the ground the next morning with ripped out screws! I know going heavier duty will help in that

Comment

Comment

a light and a .22 will solve some of the issues. traps help too! a cage will keep them out for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Solar powered fence charger around the spinner plate.

Comment

Now that's a very good idea SOLAR POWER ELECTRIC FENCE CHARGER attached to the cage going to have to check into that idea!!!!

Comment

How much zap will it provide enough to well you now what am asking !!! Will it fry them??

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
                  How much zap will it provide enough to well you now what am asking !!! Will it fry them??
                  won't fry them, they just jump about 3' in the air, and unless they touch the cage and the barrel (something grounded) at the same time, it won't do anything at all. you'll need to insulate the cage from the feeder also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dukes DP traps you will have to have a meeting with the coons every few months to keep them thinned out. I have a meeting this weekend i have around 10 at each feeder every night right now.

Comment

how can u put a fence charger on the legs of a protein feeder pics or diagrams please

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by spro View Post
                          Build a wire cage that's attached to bottom of feeder barrel. Secure everything inside of it, including the solar panel. No more coon problems since I did this.
                          This^^^^^^^^! Make sure your coon cage is the full diameter of the barrel so they cannot reach the spinner plate.

I still see coons, but they can't get to the spinner plate, and can't tear anything up!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by spro View Post
                            For sure!!!!!! I have the cages the same diameter as the 55-gal barrel, secured with bungee straps, and no more problems on the feeder. Now----under the feeder, well, that is either a Conibear 220 or Duke's solution.

Comment

If you trap them you have to check the traps often to shoot them. Dog Proof traps( Duke or "Z" traps work best) and live traps also. Make it fun and hunt 'em. Get he ,22 and a spotlight and shoot the heck out of them.
                              But if you trap them you owe to the critter to put it down ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X