SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    WTH?! You know that camera cost me about $120! So.....ummmm....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] that was like 4 years ago and I ended up giving you the same exact camera of mine. So hush it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
      You talking about the Tasco cameras? I've heard they weren't to bad but I can't ever find them at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah I picked up two of them, they are actually not half bad. And when I went there were five. Took a lot of willpower not to get em all

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as they don't make a flash which I hear they won't come back,mine glow red and they notice and even check it out or stand still for multiple shots but then they simmer down, I had a doe put her face all up against it for a close up multi photo shoot, also I have two cams and they have been good except I know one got flooded it was right by the creek, and it was a $140 browning strike force, I'll try to take it back lol! Ready for the opener!!!!!

Comment

I hate those **** crab spiders, **** them, **** them to hell!!!!! That is all.
          Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 09-15-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Plenty of acorns in one of my spots. The deer are already starting to key in on them.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	24510649

Comment

As far as cameras go, Ive never had one stolen. I dont just put them up anywhere but Ive been running them on public land for years without issues. Im tempted to try a super cheap camera but Ive been so happy with my reconyx and so dissapointed with other cameras that its hard to change. My older camera still has the same AA batteries from last season. Its gotten around 1000 pictures already this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                As far as cameras go, Ive never had one stolen. I dont just put them up anywhere but Ive been running them on public land for years without issues. Im tempted to try a super cheap camera but Ive been so happy with my reconyx and so dissapointed with other cameras that its hard to change. My older camera still has the same AA batteries from last season. Its gotten around 1000 pictures already this year.
                Since I'm in college it kind of kills me being able to get an expensive camera. Also just got an email saying I was drawn for a doe permit this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                  Since I'm in college it kind of kills me being able to get an expensive camera. Also just got an email saying I was drawn for a doe permit this year!!!

Congrats chief. Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Congrats chief. Me too!
                    Awesome! My roommate got drawn too so we are 3 for 3 [emoji41]

Comment

Hi y'all, do I know anyone here?

Sorry, busy with work, lawsuit, work, rescues,work, mucking out houses, work and more work. I've only shot my bow once this year ( all bullseye's) so I guess I'll have to make it work. Only scouted once this year, might make one more trip. Can't really get in the mood for some reason.
                      Don't know if I got a doe tag as I haven't checked that email in almost a year. ( No clue what the password even is)
                      Y'all keep it up. I'll get the bug in a couple of days and make all the effort worth it.

I'll be at my normal lunch spot opening day ( if I'm not skinning a deer again) stop by and say hey.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
                        I hate those **** crab spiders, **** them, **** them to hell!!!!! That is all.
                        They are all over the place at my lease! I mean, everywhere!

Comment

non select for the 2nd year in a row.

Comment

Im in for this year. First time. Never been to SHNF.

Any advice on hunting out there? Places to stay? Etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              Im in for this year. First time. Never been to SHNF.

Any advice on hunting out there? Places to stay? Etc?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                              Go far away from the road, scout in advance, not after the season starts, and sit late. Granted, if you're gonna hunt it this year you better get some scouting in soon. Oak patches and Creek beds can serve you well if you look in the right places. Some of this info may seem common sense, but you'd be surprised how stupid people can be hunting public land. Disclaimer: I'm no expert, just my two cents.

Comment

I also got a doe permit . I checked some spots and some acorns are hitting the ground already.

Comment

Working...
                                X