Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Patch & scooters don't really jive...doubt I'll ever get a company BMW or Harley., although I would take it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      You are frigging nuts!!! If I’m getting tailgated, it’s because someone else is speeding their ***** off. If you don’t speed either, then you won’t ever have the problem of tailgating me!!!..........

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I was trying to ID the long bow on the rack........

With greatest respect, I'm going to disagree. The purpose of the "left lane passing only" law is to keep the log jams from forming behind the speed limit cruise control drivers. DPS found the log jams were causing a lot of wrecks and fatalities. The law is for safety, yours included.

Bisch, Keep'em sharp and good luck this season!

Comment

Whichever lane you choose to drive in there is a posted speed limit. If you choose to exceed it so be it. Don’t grip about getting stopped by LE doing their job. See it all the time on here

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Whichever lane you choose to drive in there is a posted speed limit. If you choose to exceed it so be it. Don’t grip about getting stopped by LE doing their job. See it all the time on here
          10-4

Always thought the speed limit was, well, a limit. Not a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            10-4

Always thought the speed limit was, well, a limit. Not a suggestion...
            Same here. I never thought trying to drive so many mph above it was a good practice. Guess we’re in the minority and that’s fine with me.

Comment

again...I go about 5 over & 400 miles a day isn't unusual. I do not slow down when I see local, county or black & whites. I wave & most the time get one back. If I do happen to get cited some day, I understand and hold no animosity. My situational awareness on the road is situated on safety alone. There are more LE down here on the roads per capita than anywhere in the state.

Just to reiterate:

Wheeles also addressed people who had questions about the application of the law, with one person asking if it applies even if the “slow” car is going the speed limit.

“The spirit of the law is that since many people drive well above the speed limit, it creates an ‘accordion effect’ as traffic starts backing up behind the slower vehicle,” Wheeles said. “This is where many of our crashes occur on the interstates. It’s all in the name of safety.”

So, those advocating brake checking or any other method that clearly does fly in the face of safety sticks in my craw...I do not view going a few miles over the 'limit' a safety factor in normal highway driving situations, but will never have bad taste in my mouth for any future citation. The spirit of my whole thread is revolving about safety & to hopefully make note to all those who feel they have this right to disregard this dangerous accordion effect on the highway with their misguided speed limit moral compass superior driving ethics & consider their future actions.

Comment

Working...
              X