No announcement yet.

Quad trailer build #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the axle. I bolted the 4x110 spacer adapters to it already. After I get the tires and rims mounted I can cut the axle down to size and mount it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So after a busy couple of week of. Or being able to work on the trailer I was finally able to get some work done on it last night. I cut out the middle of the axle from the previous owner attempting to splice it together by welding two pieces of angle iron together in an ugly attempt to make square tubing. Can't fault the guy though because it worked this way for years but it was just too heavy and ugly for me to let it stay on this trailer. I used square tubing and welded the axle back together to the right width.

Comment

Mounted the axle and made sure the width was right. Welded the axle up and installed it with the shackle kit. Then I prepped it for paint.

Comment

Yeah

I used a brown Rustoleum Hammerrite paint. It's direct to rust paint and has worked great for me on multiple projects in the past. I painted the trailer while it's laying on its top. I also painted the rims. The pics were kinda dark due to the light. Friday I will flip the trailer upright and paint it from the top to finish it out. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pics then.

Comment

Looking SWEET and almost ready to roll!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
              Looking SWEET and almost ready to roll!
              Suggest welding beer holders in front corner pockets, dual purpose, tie downs and place to hold beer, then it will be the perfect county and western atv trailer.

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

I like this project. I need to build one for my 4 wheeler. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                    I like this project. I need to build one for my 4 wheeler. Great job!
                    build me one too

Comment

Ok so yesterday I was able to flip the trailer and paint it from the top. IMHO the thing turned out amazing. I love this paint and love the color even more. It was still wet and I was unable to hook it to the ATV and see what kinda angle we will have when the tilt is engaged. Those pictures will follow soon.

Comment

Awesome job....jealous of your skills!!!

Comment

That thing turned out SWEET!!!!

Comment

Comment

Great job.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

That trailer is bad ***. Who wouldn't want one?

Comment

Working...
                                X