Camcorder Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camcorder Brackets

I usually hunt out of a stand thats 4' sq and my seat is in the middle back portion of the stand. I want to use a stand for my camera, but worried that a tripod will get in the way of my feet when im turning in the chair. It's a 1.25" sq tubing stand with netting and the limbs are constantly moving so the video quality would be poor if i use the type that screw into a tree limb. does anyone have something they made with pics or plans?

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...t=57053.....it may help Tommy. If you have specific questions let me know.

Comment

I used one that Skipshot made and its awesome! maybe he will post some pics

Comment

I have built several of them, a smaller fixed leg tripod, an arm that straps to any limb for any angle, & 0ne where I had the same setup but in a larger group of limbs. You can get all the hardware at Home Depot. I use 1/2" square tubing & a piece of 3/8" cold roll that will slide in & out of the tubing perfectly for your height adj. Then cut short pieces of 1" X 1" angle iron & drill 1/4 " holes in them 90deg. apart. You will need at least 2 for adjustments. Weld a 1/4 " nut into the tubing so you can lock the height. Also weld 1 of the angle pieces to the end of the 3/8 rod. Look in the hardware bins in the hardware isle for nylon washers & components to build thumb screws. 1/4 " should screw into your camera. Weld a small 4 X 4 plate to the bottom of the tubing, drill some holes in it & bolt it to the platform. This will resemble the Turkey Pod but won't be as flimsey. I wish I had pictures but they are all in stands at the ranch. I hope this helps.

Comment

i think i an picture it pretty well. sounds good enough to try to me

Comment

This thing is flexible and can wrap around any small diameter limbs, bars, etc. I just bought one and am planning on trying it out. Now if I can just get my cheap vid cam from making that noise when it comes on!

Comment

Working...
            X