No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many pigs have you killed this year bofly?

Comment

16 at the house

Comment

How many have yall killed?

Comment

Prolly heading out there this evening ad tomorrow. Anyone else heading out?

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
            How many have yall killed?
            13 while deer hunting. Not sure how many all year. I plan on hitting them pretty hard once season is over.

Comment

Busted this one this evening while deer hunting. Actually shot two but only found this one. This one dropped in her tracks and I hit another one while it was running back towards the woods. Found blood but no pig. I think it was a gut shot. They were in a group of about 15 or 20.

Comment

Man, can you leave some for us who hunt Granger? LOL

Comment

There are plenty more out there trust me!! I shot atd missed one in the middle of the day today. I walked up within about 5 yards of it before it got up and ran. Scared the crap out of me!!!

Comment

What unit were you in? I think I have chased them out of the San Gabriel unit. Got a shot at a lone black sow two weeks ago, then the next day accidently kicked 5 of em out-- 2 black ones, two red ones and one spotted pig. I am new to this forum- - just started going out to Granger. I always see animals and lots of sign. Two days ago I shot at a coyote and missed. Would like to exchange info\ideas w\anyone who hunts these areas. I have been and will continue to put in the legwork. My work schedule is such that I usually get out either Sun or Mon mornings or both. Plus, I have off until Jan 5th; will be going out tomorrow morning too.

Comment

Originally posted by gtek View Post
                      What unit were you in? I think I have chased them out of the San Gabriel unit. Got a shot at a lone black sow two weeks ago, then the next day accidently kicked 5 of em out-- 2 black ones, two red ones and one spotted pig. I am new to this forum- - just started going out to Granger. I always see animals and lots of sign. Two days ago I shot at a coyote and missed. Would like to exchange info\ideas w\anyone who hunts these areas. I have been and will continue to put in the legwork. My work schedule is such that I usually get out either Sun or Mon mornings or both. Plus, I have off until Jan 5th; will be going out tomorrow morning too.
                      I hunt Granger regularly, let me know if you need any info. Ill be happy to share. 4 eyes are better than 2!!!

Comment

I have had three baits in the San Gabriel unit untouched. I have had them out there for only 3-4 days now. Just got back in from going out this morning. Lots of pig tracks; lots of deer, lots of shooting- mostly at ducks I guess as the shots came mostly from near the water, but a coupla squirrel/rabbit hunters seemed to be working the area also. Will probably go out to the pecan grove unit tomorrow morn and stumble around . . .Any advice from any quarter is appreciated. I am hunting pigs, by the way, if I haven't been clear about that. . I am not against the hunting of any other legal game out there . .In fact, would like to hear about that too but primarily am interested in hunting the pigs. . . . Am happy to pass along any info/game sightings/advice I may obtain; ask only that you do the same. Also interested in perhaps teaming up with like-minded folks and chasing some swine . . . . ..

Comment

Just got back in from the sore finger unit this morning ...blanked again. Lots of tracks, some fresh even. I suspect they have gone completely nocturnal lately. Put a bait out, may check it tomorrow; if I can't get back out there tomorrow I will have to wait til next week . .. Any of you folks have any luck (hunting pigs) in the pecan grove unit? I haven't been there yet. . . .

Comment

Shoot one sat eve about 140lbs, Bore, No pigs for a year, now seeing them about every other time I hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tick View Post
                              Shoot one sat eve about 140lbs, Bore, No pigs for a year, now seeing them about every other time I hunt.
                              Hmmmmm, seems you know something we dont LOL Gonna be back out looking wednesday. I usually have 1 or 2 down by now, they are hiding from the REEZEN this year, may have to take the Switchy back out for a change of luck.

Comment

I will be out there thur- sat. hunting hard. I will update with detail. I will also be doing some dove hunting out there. Has anyone been dove hunting out there latley?

Comment

Working...
                                X