Great hunting picture!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great hunting picture!

I took this pic of my brother and his dog making a retrieve on a Harliquen duck on Adak Island, Alaska. I used a point and shoot, 7.2mp camera. It hasnt been zoomed, cropped, enhanced, or anything. I guess my days behind the old 35mm still pay off sometimes. If you like it please go to http://texasoutdoorsmedia.com/photo-of-the-month/ and vote for #20 in the photo contest he entered it in. Thanks!

Great photo!

Comment

Wow, that is an awesome picture. It brings back some memories. I was stationed on Adak back in 1995 to 1997. I was part of the Decom crew.
      You definitely get my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilladaddy View Post
        Wow, that is an awesome picture. It brings back some memories. I was stationed on Adak back in 1995 to 1997. I was part of the Decom crew.
        You definitely get my vote.
        Not sure if you were there when everybody left but you wouldnt believe how much stuff was left. The tugs are still there tied up in the harbor. We actually shot ducks in the harbor around the tugs with permission from the locals. Its a ghost town. Ill post some more pics for you.

Comment

Comment

commercial fisherman running shop out of old McD.

Comment

nice

Comment

That's tip top hoss.

Comment

no decoys? Is it just pass shooting?

Comment

Wow.

Sad to see the ghost town, but then again, there are places on this earth that man just wasn't intended to live...

Great photos. I too benefit from my days with film. Makes shooting digital so much easier...

John

Comment

Slick shots there! I like 'em. Reasons why my dream destination is Alaska. Beautiful!

Comment

Wow is all I can say.

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome pictures!

Comment

I lived in alaska for a couple years. Really is a sportsmans paradise... you cant imagine how nice it is to take a lunch break and fly fish for world record class fish inside of town. Or to be able to drive 5 minutes and hike in completly wild uninhabited land! I will be back up there someday. =P

Comment

Working...
                              X