Made my first 3-piece take down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made my first 3-piece take down

I'm so proud of myself! I've done a 2-piece take down before, but this is my first 3-piece. The riser is made out of carrot, and the limbs are bacon. I wanted to use a celery strand for a string, but it was too difficult, so I used some thread. It has wall tack limb bolts.

I don't know what the draw weight is, but this would make an excellent survival bow. If you fail to kill any game, you can eat the bow.

Last edited by SamHarper; 03-17-2015, 02:17 PM.

good grief you must be bored...

Comment

hahaha, thats going high on my list of craziest things seen on TBH. funny stuff right there

Comment

It was very tricky getting the bacon to just the right crispiness. Too crispy, and it would be brittle and wouldn't flex. Not crispy enough, and it would be noodly and incapable of any tension or spinginess.

Comment

Nice Sam.

Comment

Everything is better with bacon!

Comment

^^He speaks the truth.

Comment

Nice prototype. You could use some cut-down, sharpened bamboo skewers to shoot at rodents. Also, the bacon could be wired to a rat trap as irresistible bait.

Comment

Please tell me you were only waiting for the glue to dry on something a little more awsome. Not that this isn't; its just not up to your normal level of awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Please tell me you were only waiting for the glue to dry on something a little more awsome. Not that this isn't; its just not up to your normal level of awsome.
                    Well, the truth is, the bacon shrunk a lot more than I expected it to. The next one will be better. :-)

Comment

Thread of the Week.

Comment

Charlie Brown is bored today!!!

Nice work, Sam!

Bisch

Comment

Sprinkle a small amount of flour on your bacon when you put it in the pan and it won't shrink as much!

Comment

HAA HAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is AWESOME !!!!

Rick

Comment

Rick, have you ever made a string out of celery fibers? I sure could use one!

Comment

Working...
                              X