No announcement yet.

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinkin squirrel gumbo or squirrel dumplins!

Looking good except for the hog dogs.

Comment

That trespass is fooling with the wrong landowner. He's liable to end up a shoulder mount in the TBH classifieds.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Havent checked this in a while and yall been BUSY!!

Feel free to bring some of that shine over. I think we're gonna be on the other side of the freeway this weekend.

Comment

Quick trip with the wife and two of the grandsons. Had a blast watching them on their go-kart, swimming in the cattle tank, playing in the creek, shooting red ryders.

Got some trail cam pics. Hoping this buck sticks around. He's hitting both of my feeders.

Comment

Different feeder

Comment

Great memories with those young uns!

Really nice buck too! I hope you can get him.

Comment

Looking good...thanks for the update Bobby. That buck is kinda cool with the kicker.

Comment

Great pics Bobby! Fun times for the grandboys.

And that buck is looking pretty good too!

Comment

Thanks guys. Life is good!

Comment

Nice buck coming Chew. Hope he sticks around for you.
                      Those grandboys are in the middle of doing what young boys should be doing.
                      They will remember these days long after we are gone. Enjoy them every chance you get.

Comment

Neighbor was gonna burn a box stand (he doesn't hunt and it was left by previous owner).

I spent yesterday repairing windows, door, and cleaning out rat and wasps nests.

It's in good shape with a welded frame on bottom.

Got it fixed up and 75 yds from my "camp feeder".

View downhill to the feeder.

View out the right side window.

Comment

Cut down some standing dead trees and split wood.

Nice fire last night.

Comment

Looking good padna....enjoy it my friend.

Comment

Good times all around!

If that "holler" in the painted tree on the box stand was a tad higher, it'd make a perfect shoot-n window, if it was cut out. Deer would never know if the window was open or closed.

Comment

Got a big one in the trap! We have had a blast this week in Centerville. My best bud from the Marines (Ron) drove his motorhome down from Topeka, KS and stayed with us. Lots of stories, adult beverages, good food, and rain. I set the hog trap the night before they got there. We went and checked it the next morning after breakfast and Daisy the Catahoula took off like a rocket and started going to town on a big boar. My buddy's Mastiff wanted no part of the hog and actually took off running the other way. Good times! Ron and his wife had never seen a hog before and were really impressed with the size and attitude of this one. This trap has been MONEY since upgrading the spring to a heavy duty one and switching from a stick trigger on the door to the All Seasons Feeder hog trap trigger kit.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5ggc26cJw"]Big Boar in Centerville, TX - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X