San Juan Mountains, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Juan Mountains, Colorado

May have to change our vacation plans then...we were scheduled to go the first week of July. No sense going if we can't access a lot of the area

Comment

I was just talking with some buds who wanted to head up on a scouting trip. The whole State is dry!

Comment

Thanks for the info. We were leaving out on 6/24 for Pagosa.

Comment

They laid off all the seasonal train employees over in Durango/Silverton.

Comment

Crap we are going July 8 to the Pagosa area. Thanks for the info, guess I need to keep watching this between now and then. May have to change our plans and fish another part of the state. This is not good.

Comment

Will be keeping an eye on this, planning to head to Lake City 6/27...

Comment

I am taking our teens from the church hiking southfork trail last full week in June —- southern San Juan in Colorado- is it closed???

Comment

Guys we should get some monsoon rains , hopefully before July. The prediction is for favorable conditions for monsoon rains to travel right up through the Rocky Mountain area.
                  Have a backup plan but hopefully things will improve drastically.
                  Bud may send some moisture this weekend too.
                  We have a small fire on the Wyoming / Colorado border throwing up quite a bit of smoke into town. They already have heavy tankers working it.
                  June is usually the dry month before monsoon season and this year snowpack was way low so it's getting really dry, but we're hoping forecasts are right.
                  Rafting will be a short season if rain doesn't help river levels also.

Comment

Yes it sounds like the entire San Juan NF will be closed for now.

Read the link in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      They laid off all the seasonal train employees over in Durango/Silverton.

I have a friend who took her son on that trip and they really enjoyed it. Hate to hear this is happening there and in other areas. I only go out West to LV to conventions. While I notice dry conditions driving to a golf course or outside the city I have never gotten out in it. I really have no clue about habitat etc out there. Prayers for you all.

Comment

Bear way I read it all of San Juan’s. Would suggest calling Forest Service.

Comment

The smoke makes for some decent sunsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called today and it was explained to me that the entire San Juan would be “walled off”, no entry with the exception of private landowners that have property inside the national forest.

Comment

Any ideas where to take teens and adults on a wilderness trel

Comment

Working...
                              X