My Bowyer Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bowyer Rocks!

Dan Toelke is awesome! I came home to an email asking me to call him. Well, as soon as I saw that email I called Dan up, wondering what in the heck was going on.

Turns out he saw a thread on trad gang, where I was asking for help with triggering my shot without my back collapsing. He told me to try slowly adding/transferring a little draw weight to my third finger when I was done aiming, and that it would force me to increase back tension and trigger the shot without collapsing!

I haven't tried it yet, but how many of you have bowyers who call you out of the blue to give you shooting tips? The Toelke boys make an awesome bow, and are great guys to talk with. Check them out next time you're in the market, so to speak.

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Dan Toelke is awesome! I came home to an email asking me to call him. Well, as soon as I saw that email I called Dan up, wondering what in the heck was going on.

Turns out he saw a thread on trad gang, where I was asking for help with triggering my shot without my back collapsing. He told me to try slowly adding/transferring a little draw weight to my third finger when I was done aiming, and that it would force me to increase back tension and trigger the shot without collapsing!

I haven't tried it yet, but how many of you have bowyers who call you out of the blue to give you shooting tips? The Toelke boys make an awesome bow, and are great guys to talk with. Check them out next time you're in the market, so to speak.

I will have me a two piece whip one of these days. That is customer service for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to call and bug dan a lot. Bought a lot of bows, too. He's a great guy

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        I will have me a two piece whip one of these days. That is customer service for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        What are you waiting for? There's at least one take down on his homepage right now! Price will go up every couple years, you know...

Comment

ahhhh!!!! Why??? Why???

but seriously... I feel like that tree scene sometimes when I drop an 8 into a 5

Comment

Thats really awesome! I like trading with people like that. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

Over the years I have bought several of Dan's bows and he is a great source of information, plus a jam-up Bowyer. It's funny to me also that he puts out so many bows and can accommodate a new order within 4-6 weeks tops. I can't figure out why so many others take 10 months to 2 years to build a bow.

Comment

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post

I haven't tried it yet
                  You ever try this?

Comment

Working...
                  X