hunting in the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting in the rain

Gonna be hunting in the rain next wk. Was wondering if there is any extra precations i need to take with my bow? Oil for cam bearings ect? If so what oil?

Not really.
    Cams on newer bows have sealed bearings.
    Might make sure your string is waxed properly to avoid absorbing too much water.

Today's bows are built to take the elements.

Comment

Good question. Bookmarked to see answers.

Comment

As a matter of fact, dirt and dust is actually harder on things than rain.
        When my bows get dust covered, I hang them outside and wash them with a water hose and simply let them air-dry.

Comment

Ok thanks rocky. I was thinking that on the dust and dirt but wasn't sure bout water.

Comment

Good to know

Comment

I put string wax on the heads of my bolts on my sight, etc. to help keep them from rusting.

Comment

Good advice on this thread. I've learned that water doesn't effect bows nearly as much as dust and dirt. As long as you let the bow dry off there really isn't much to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw_6 View Post
                  i put string wax on the heads of my bolts on my sight, etc. To help keep them from rusting.
                  hadn't thought about this, good thinking, and thanks for the info amigo!

Comment

Good clothing.

Comment

I always take some Remington gun oil and wipe everything down. Keeps rust away

Comment

I love hunting in the rain. I usually just keep my string waxed good.

Comment

Extra socks! Leave em in the truck or bring em in a plastic bag ... with your TP.
                          Last edited by lakamiin; 01-11-2015, 04:48 PM. Reason: auto correct

Comment

Dead Down Wind makes some scent-free oil that works well to prevent rust. I also keep a small can of compressed air in my toolbox to blow out any moisture from hard to reach areas.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                              Dead Down Wind makes some scent-free oil that works well to prevent rust. I also keep a small can of compressed air in my toolbox to blow out any moisture from hard to reach areas.
                              good idea

Comment

Working...
                              X