New Orleans Saints Kneel During Tribute For Murdered Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    While I see your point, I'm sure the players kneeling in that pic were also kneeling Sunday.
    Awful willing to pass judgment with no information...
    Adios
    *tips hat*

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      Awful willing to pass judgment with no information...
      Adios
      *tips hat*

No more than you are willing to assume innocence of players who have already been pictured kneeling in protest

Comment

Seems like the Aints, passed judgment with out the facts. Or atleast that is what they are now saying......I mean they took the time to plan a kneeling protest, but didnt even look at the agenda?

Sean Payton indicated Monday that the Saints did not realize there would be a moment of silence and the decision to take a knee was a continuation of the team's decision in London, not connected to the tribute to McNeil.

"You had a triangular effect of misunderstanding," Payton said. 'It was very simple. No. 1, the players were going to kneel and stand for the anthem, that's understood. Then No. 2, there was a moment of silence for the slain officer, and everyone realized, let's have a moment of silence. I don't think it was anything more than that."

Comment

If they want to kneel do it in the right place. Church. It is widely accepted there.

Comment

sad sad!!

Comment

Dumbasses don't get that people are sick of their premadonna asses thinking their platform as entertainment gives them a right to force whatever politics they have.
              NFL will figure it out...when the bottom line gets hit..sponsors will figure it out when their bottom line is hit... players will figure it out when the league and sponsors say enough is enough...you are ****ing employees...do as your told.

Comment

Im only 32 years old but I have never been informed to kneel out of respect. Please someone on here that thinks this is OK that has done this tell me what the situation was. Never have I seen anybody take a knee at a funeral, never at a graveside, never at a military funeral or leo, never pulled over for a funeral procession and got out to take a knee or seen it done. The ONLY time I have seen this done was at church or a sporting event when a player was injured. Let me take back the funeral comment, I have seen it done but it was to console the loved one sitting in that chair looking at that casket of that loved one while hurting like nobody can describe. Oh and fyi, I couldnt care any less about the nfl, never have and never will.

Comment

The last couple of years I have watched less and less. And before any protest to the flag, America, LE, oppression, discrimination, whatever. I’m tired of the liars, DWIs, drugs, women beating, Mother beating, etc...
                  Just tired of my dime going to the players and owners and me having to watch a bunch of lowlifes. Sorry for the good guys that are getting hurt through this but maybe they outta get a job...

Comment

Why are people still watching the nfl????

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Why are people still watching the nfl????
                      I don’t

Maybe have watched an hour/hour and a half combined since the first game of of pre-season.

Comment

Idiots.

Comment

If the average football player couldn't catch a football or run really fast carrying one..... what would they do? What would they be doing right now?

We all know the answer, that's why they hate the cops so much

Comment

New Orleans Saints Kneel During Tribute For Murdered Officer

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Saints players kneeled before the game on Sunday, but it wasn’t during the national anthem, it was during a tribute to murdered New Orleans PD Officer Marcus McNeil.

Fans booed as players knelt during the moment of silence for Officer McNeil.

The players then stood for the national anthem, according to NOLA.com .

Sunday’s game of Saints vs. Lions was the first game at the Superdome since President Trump said that kneelers should be fired.

None of the Lions players kneeled.

New Orleans Police Department Officer Marcus McNeil, 29, was ambushed and murdered early Friday morning.

The incident happened just after midnight when a group of three officers on patrol spotted something suspicious.
                            Officer McNeil stepped out of his car to investigate and a gunman opened fire, shooting the officer repeatedly.
                            Other officers returned fire, shooting the suspect, who then ran into an apartment.
                            The gunman remained barricaded in the apartment until he eventually surrendered to a SWAT team.
                            Officer McNeil was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
                            Officer Marcus McNeil leaves behind his wife, Brittiny, and two small children.
                            Brittiny told New Orleans Magazine that Officer McNeil had always wanted to join New Orleans PD because he wanted to make a difference in the city which is plagued with crime and poverty.
                            Officer McNeil's killer was identified as Darren Bridges. His motive is not known at this time.
                            It's not clear at this time if the Saints players intended to kneel during the tribute to Officer McNeil, of it they were just too dense to realize when they were kneeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Saint's fan we wondered if they would pay tribute to the fallen officer. Then ol pIill popping Payton says they had no clue about the fallen officer[emoji30]. What could have been a good thing for the fallen officer turns out to be nothing. They kneeled because they were going to kneel about some fake bs and not because the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              As a Saint's fan we wondered if they would pay tribute to the fallen officer. Then ol pIill popping Payton says they had no clue about the fallen officer[emoji30]. What could have been a good thing for the fallen officer turns out to be nothing. They kneeled because they were going to kneel about some fake bs and not because the officer.

It is a shame. Marcus McNeil was a 3rd year officer and in my judgement this was incredibly disrespectful to him.

Like Photon and BayouBoy said, who the heck kneels out of respect or at a moment of silence?
                              The NFL did not lose anything with me. I only paid attention to former BAMA players and watched some of the night games and holidays. They did give me a present, I am no longer a Saints fan

Comment

Maybe football players should start focusing on just playing football instead of all these political messages. I could give two f's what some football player thinks. Then again since all the new hitting penalties and concussion crap I don't watch the weenies dance around anymore anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X