Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
frios
Four Point

Default Mauser M18

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I did do a search and didn't find anything. Maybe my keyword search was wrong. But anyway...I'm went to academy the other day and saw the Mauser M18. The rifle is really nice looking. Smooth bolt, well balanced. Priced at $649.00 seems reasonable. I'm looking at the .243 or 6.5 btw they guarantee 5 shot MOA

Has anyone got real life experience with this rifle? Not youtubes or google searches. I've done that already.
Stay away from it?
Get it?
Thoughts about this gun?

Thanks.
frios is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
TxBowHntr
Four Point

Hunt In: Lee, Bee, Nueces, Uvalde

I don't have any personal experience with it other than seeing and handling it in the store, but it is Mauser's attempt at a mid priced rifle. The action has some characteristics of a traditional Mauser Action, but they have cheapened it a good bit, not that that is bad, just different. To give an alternative, if you are in the market for a well built, mid priced rifle, I picked up a Winchester XPR last year in 7mm-08. This rifle is doing 1/2" groups with Federal Fusion, has a hugely overbuilt bolt, and crisp trigger. I don't think you will go wrong with the Mauser, but I would urge you to look at the XPR also.
TxBowHntr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
frios
Four Point

Thanks for the info. I'll def look into the XPR!
frios is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
Raider4044
Eight Point

Hunt In: Nolan County

I don't have any experience with the Mauser, but you can get into a Tikka T3 for that price (probably less). They are great guns for the money!
Raider4044 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top