Preference Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preference Points

What's up Fellas! As states open and some closed already for preference points, I'm curious on who has been putting in for points over the years? I'm pretty pumped knowing I have 5 points in AZ, UT, CO, NV for all kinds of big game. Cant wait to start cashing those points in over the next 5-10 years.

I have 22 elk points. Sending in for Colorado unit 61 first season this year.

Comment

I'm way behind.. Starting to put in this year though for AZ, CO, and WY. Wish I had started 10 years ago.. but better late than never.

RutnBuk - man, I don't know if I will have the discipline to build up that many. Well done!

Comment

I've been building points in Wyoming but have started to think about other states. Will be at 8 points for antelope and 4 for elk and mule deer this year. I'll cash in those antelope points next year or 2023 and then mule deer and elk in 2024 and 2025.

One thing that holds me back in AZ, CO, and UT is having to buy a license when I know I'm not going to hunt that year and just want to build the points. The other concern is the point creep and I'm way behind on AZ and UT if I started now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
          I'm way behind.. Starting to put in this year though for AZ, CO, and WY. Wish I had started 10 years ago.. but better late than never.

RutnBuk - man, I don't know if I will have the discipline to build up that many. Well done!
          Lol. It wasnt planned. My dad used to hunt 61 every year for over 20 years and it didnt take any points. My first time I went in 1998 at 14 years old was amazing. Elk everywhere. The next year they decided it was a trophy unit and Ive been chasing it ever since. The few times I could've prob got a tag I was busy that year year with sports or college. Ive got about a 50/50 shot this year.

Comment

Wow! 22 is awesome. That will be an awesome hunt! What week/weeks are you going?

Comment

My wife has 10 elk and 12 mule deer for colorado as well. No Idea when Im gonna get her up there. Shes not a camper.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
                Wow! 22 is awesome. That will be an awesome hunt! What week/weeks are you going?
                Sending in for 1st rifle. Dont have enough for Archery or muzzle and Im tired of waiting.

Comment

Been playing the game a while and have points in most western states although I go the unconventional route and hunt second choice tags a lot to keep building while being able to hunt. Getting a coveted tag does no good if you have no experience on the animal you’re trying to get.

Comment

Cant agree more on purchasing a license for points.. AZ especially is pretty rich. But the nice thing is, you can get 2 points for 1 license purchase. So it isn't terrible. Would really blow if you had to buy a license every year for only 1 point.

Comment

Just started a couple years ago so don't have many points. Going to add CO, AZ and NV this year. Hoping to go to MT 2022

Comment

I’ve got points in Az,UT,CO,WY, MT for elk and deer. Points for antelope in AZ,CO, and WY. Burning my MT points this year, and my WY points 2023. Hunting muleys in Alberta in 2022

Comment

5 points, thats cute

Comment

Gotta start somewhere bud..hopefully in 10/15 yrs ill have some cute hunts.

Comment

Crap!

Who’s already closed?

Comment

Working...
                              X