Buying meat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying meat??

Do any of you have a place you would recommend where you buy elk, axis or other game meat online? Any places to avoid?

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
    Do any of you have a place you would recommend where you buy elk, axis or other game meat online? Any places to avoid?
    Is this a joke?

Comment

Broken arrow ranch

Comment

I believe it's legal to sell game meat if it's properly inspected before being killed and afterward by a Texas or USDA inspector.
        Broken Arrow does just that, I think they have an inspector that goes out in the field and does the prekill inspection and then afterward for sale.
        Feral hogs are the same, they can be sold as pork if inspected before kill and afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Is this a joke?
          Was it funny??

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
            Broken arrow ranch
            Thanks man!!

Comment

If you drive from dallas to Houston on 45 you can stop at Woody’s and pick up wild game meat, so i know it’s not uncommon.

Comment

There is also a processor in Eden TX where wild game meat is available I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                  There is also a processor in Eden TX where wild game meat is available I believe.
                  Thank ya sir!!

Comment

Elk graze naturally on grass, plants, leaves and bark. Our elk are part of the “Never Ever Program.” Elk meat has more protein and less cholesterol than beef, pork and even chicken. Being a good source for iron, phosphorus and zinc, Elk is a red meat alternative. With a similar color, elk tastes like a cross of venison and beef.

Comment

Wild game meat can't be bought or sold in the US. You can buy farm raised "venison" that comes from a variety of sources including red deer in New Zealand. My experience with purchasing "venison" is limited, but is it tasted like beef due to similar food sources as cattle and likely because it was pen raised, not wild.

Comment

Thank ya!!

Comment

Thanks brutha, I actually found this one online...which is what sparked my question. Have you used them?

Comment

Pretty sure there is a place outside Durango colorado that raises and slaughters elk to sell. Might google it

Comment

Working...
                            X