No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn’t find anyone who wanted to battle the wind with me yesterday, so I went out solo in Aransas pass. Trout were hot on the flats. No big ones, but fish every few casts. Most 14-19”.
    Using a dsl super model on a 1/8oz head. Threw a corky a while and couldn’t get a bite. I think my ultra-fast drift made it hard to work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

I will be down the weekend of the 21 and plan on trying to find a fish if the weather isn’t dumb.

Last edited by Mayhem; 12-01-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I'm able to go down 12/20-22. Anybody else going and want to meet up?

Trying to figure out where to go or where to stay. Probably head to west bay.
        Anybody have recommendations on cheap places to stay or camp without my stuff getting stolen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way south at Perdido

37 Yellowfin died in one evening

8-10ft seas down with 5-8ft seas up

Another trip in two weeks......then kick off 2020 with Wahoo

3 freezers.......over a thousand pounds of primo offshore filets in 2 years now. Friends and family are happy and I'm eating GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            I'm able to go down 12/20-22. Anybody else going and want to meet up?

Trying to figure out where to go or where to stay. Probably head to west bay.
            Anybody have recommendations on cheap places to stay or camp without my stuff getting stolen?

West Matagorda?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
              West Matagorda?

West bay galveston.

I'm open to matagorda. Never been there but hear winter fishing is good.

Open to pretty much anything within 5 hours of Waco.

Comment

I've been on the trout pretty good. Had a new pb today. Not size but caught a limit in 13 minutes. Ended up catching 34 trout, 1 red and 1 flatty. Biggest trout was 23 (not in picture). Lost about a 7lber at the boat last week.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by LivinADream; 12-09-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Nice. Man I'm itching for a trip. Big lake is on fire right now too!

Comment

The fishing is still solid. Sunday we had limits of trout drifting by 10 or so and then released a ton more. We ended up with a nice box of fish. We also had one 28" trout that went about 6# that was released.

Comment

We caught them pretty good wading Sunday morning. Didn’t keep any fish, I have enough in the freezer.

Comment

Here's a couple more recent trips. They aren't all barn burners of full limits but we still have fun. The redfishing has been pretty good on the tougher days.

Comment

Congrats Glenn & Philip!
                          Way to stay on them!

Comment

While not saltwater fishing, we were able to catch this nice red at our place in Tilden! We stocked fingerlings a couple years ago and this was the first red we have caught!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              While not saltwater fishing, we were able to catch this nice red at our place in Tilden! We stocked fingerlings a couple years ago and this was the first red we have caught!

That’s pretty **** cool.

Comment

Very cool. They put on lots of weight in freshwater.

Comment

Working...
                                X