Black Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Bass

Ive been starting this march out with several different types of lures and spinners anyone have any ideas. my buddies are tearing them up but im having the worst luck with the tackle.
    Last edited by Bowmadnessman; 03-05-2010, 11:56 PM.

From what I've been hearing is that they are starting to make a big move to the shallows. I would go with either a Senko, or TX rig worked around grassbeds in about 4-6 ft of water, specifically on the edge of creek channels and smaller drains.

Comment

i would suggest some sort of soft plastic, they always produce and they aren't hard to fish. go with a craw fish type plastic, or a jig. zoom brush hogs are some really great baits to try out too, you can rig them many different ways, stick with a TX rig at first, and fish it kind of slow, if that don't work try throwing it weightless, if you play around with any soft plastic long enough you will figure out what works and what doesn't, just try different things until you find something they like. also i would stick with more natural colors like watermelons, and green pumpkins, or a black and blue if the water is muddy at all. good luck man.

Comment

see thats what ive been hearing alot but for some reason lake livingston dont wanna work out for me but one it warms up tomorrow im gonna go try it out. do you know anytinh gabout the crappie this time of year?

Comment

i believe its getting close to time for crappie to start spawning here real soon, when they do they will be moving to the shallows around some structure. im not sure what they are doing yet, i haven't tried to go crappie fishing yet this year.

Comment

yeah im gonna go to tomorow and try out all sorts of soft plastics. everyone i know says theyve been catching them off shartreuse spinners mainly BOOYAH baits with a colorado spinner so im ognna try that too see if i cant reel in a new lake record

Comment

well when we go out tomorow im gonna take about 6 dozen minnows and alot of crappie jigs and im gonna stay out there all day.

Comment

i heard that once them lunkers make theyre nest alls you have to do is drop soft plastic ontop of it and them bass will go crazy but not for the food but the protection of her eggs.

Comment

I usually tear them up this time of year with lighter colored spinner baits. Sometimes they are picky and sometimes they aren't on which color and size baits but I have had lots of success with the spinners in the spring... which is about the only time I use them.

Comment

If your fishing Livingston then I would stick with Chartreuse, that seems to be the go to bait on that lake mainly because its always either stained or muddy.

Comment

Pumpkinseed or watermelon brush hog soft plastic.... been hittin' it up in 5-15 ft. of water texas rigged

Comment

well see i always have luck with the chartreuse with a little splotch of red here in there but for some reason it just aint happening this year. i tried a white and blue the other day and a pretty nice sized 7 ponder off of it but i think it was just protection of the nest.

Comment

the pumpkin seed always works for me but its just like the chartreuse i aint getting in the right spots i think

Comment

how deep did yall say about 5-10 feet deep?

Comment

anyone else bass fishing right now i could use some advice

Comment

Working...
                              X