No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get out to Whitney like I use to , I'm working hard on my dog Boo to get her ready for a field trial.
    Right now she's doing 200 yard + retrieves and 300 yard blind retrieves this is an every day type of dog . The next trial we run will be in Bonham and so far she's the youngest one entered. Any free time we get we will be at the lake so hope I see you guys out there.

Comment

Sounds like you got a great pup Storm! I hope to see Boo do work some day.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

PSA- Texas High School Bass Association has a tournament on Whitney March 7th. Usually about 200 to 230 boats. Weigh in is at Loafers Bend. It's a trailering event so we will be spread out all over. Plan to pre fish the 23rd or 28th. We are at Texoma this weekend. My goal is to get through this season without either of the young'uns trying to kill the other.

Comment

Sounds like you got your hands full J.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Yep. When they get really annoying and threaten each other I tell them go ahead. I got two of you so I'm bound to make it home with at least one. That's the wife's minimum safe return level.

Comment

Ok guys I’m going to be the newbie out here this year.... been hunting for a long time but first year hunting private land. Can someone give me some pointers on some of the rules that arnt on the website. Like hunting near others and tips on how to avoid crowding other people. Blinds. That sort of stuff.

Comment

It's about common respect for others. Dont do something to someone that you wouldn't want done to you. As far as blinds, I've shot deer from brush blinds and pop up blinds out there. It's mainly about scouting. Put some time in and you will figure it out. And take any trash you have back out with you ex. Water bottles, deer corn bags and so on.

Comment

I’ve heard it can get pretty crowded and I have been doing some online scouting and picked a couple of places I want to hunt. Do people pick an area or is it first come first serve?

Comment

First come first serve. On both whitney and aquilla. And it can be crowded sometimes. That's why you go put boots on the ground and scout.

Comment

Sandies biting at Hamm Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Need to take the yak to hamm and catch some sandies and crappie

Comment

I mailed in my application this past week. Ready to hit the ground and join you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

I know what your doing! Your strategizing! Trying to get everbody over on that side so you can have the Nolan to your self! You ain't fool-n me!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

I need to check my mailbox... see if’n my invite is in there.

Comment

Looks like the A lake is up to normal. And the W lake has come up a bit more to <5ft below normal.

Grandbury is releasing water at over 880cfs at the present. And has the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X