Helicopter in the sky at Granger....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter in the sky at Granger....

Went out this mourning to hunt below the dam were I've been seeing hogs all over and have been chasing a big blonde sow and sure enough the Ranger was closing the gate. He said that they were going to be shooting hogs from the air today. he said last year they got about 30. I dont know if thats 30 just below the dam or in total. I went and hunted another area over near 7 and sure enough im walking along the river right across the primitive campground and here comes the helocopter right over me, turned around and went right back over me. Thought maybe they were checking the fields near the campground? I don't know. I went back over the dam about 90 minutes after I saw the copter to see if i could see them shooting and didn't see the copter at all. The wind is real strong so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not? I sure hope they don't get to many hogs. They sure are fun to hunt.

You should have asked if they had an open seat for you.

Comment

I'm glad you weren't wearing your "wild hog" ghillie suit. You may have been ventilated.

Comment

An open seat would have been cool! Helicopters are a fun way to see the country. I'm bettin the wind was coming in to play though. Blowin this hard now, what the heck is March gonna be like?

Comment

I love riding in helicopters. I was in a huey and cobra squadron when I went to Iraq. We got to go up in the huey and shoot the 50 and gatllin (sp) gun. It was a blast

Comment

Helicopter

The Helicopter Was Canked Due To High Winds, I Am Best Friends With The Wildlife Tech Johnny Roy Cathey, They Only Killed 8 Hogs On The Helicopter Hunt Last Year, I Will Be On Them The Whole Weekend Out There, We Got 4 Shots In Compartment F On Sunday 3 Big Sows And About 10 Piglets, No Hits They Were Running But Between 5 Of Us We Had Them Boxed Toward The Lake, They Cut Back Between All Of Us I Have Never Seen Grown 30 And Upper 40 Year Old Men With Bows And Crossbows Run So Fast, No Hits All Misses They Held In The Briar Patch Until The Last Minute, Caught One Piglet To Raise And Eat Later.

Comment

I've Been Hunting Granger For 20 Years Ever Since They Made The Lake And Stocked The Whitetails Out There, I Am Out There Every Weekend In The Winter, Hog Hunting And In Spring Crappie And Catfishing, If You Have Any Questions Please Feel Free To Contact Me. All Of The Sows Have Piglets Right Know And They Are Holding In The Briars Until You Get Right Up On Them So It Is Easier To Get A Shot, Walk Like An Indian And Listen For Squeals The Piggies Fight For The Milk And It Gives Them Away....p.s. If You Want To Get A Hog You Have To Get Away From The White Bass Fishermen So I Recommend Going Behind The Water Treatment Plant Or Behind The Spillway I See Hogs Evertime I Go.....koondog

Comment

coondog....

thanks for all the info.... I just talked to the Ranger and their hunt is moved top tomarrow. he told me that they usually don't get many below the dam because it's so thick. Last year they got two or three there and the rest were killed in the willis creek area. Needless to say that makes me happy! Im still strugglin with whether or not to go tonight down by 7 again. Chris

Comment

I'll Be Out There On Fri, Sat , And Sun, I Have Been Having Better Luck Utilizing My Flatbottom Boat You Can Get All Over The Lake And If You Stick A Hog Just Drag It To The Water Get The Boat And Drive To It.

Comment

Hey Koondog----it's hard to read when you use a capital letter on every word.
                    Makes my head hurt. Try just using normal size letters please.

Comment

Koondog are you the crappie guide who was at the first week in december draw hunt?

Comment

48 going on 78. And I'm still sore!

But I'm game. Game smelling!

Nostradenis say he wants to go this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
                          Koondog are you the crappie guide who was at the first week in december draw hunt?

Thats him Boss. He's one of my shooters. I call him the Recruiter. I'm glad he signed up.

You should hunt with us this weekend. Nostradenis, Brokenarrow and the Captain may come too.

Comment

Are they just shootin em with shotguns from the chopper? They did this around our lease in south texas, they would kill ~80 hogs a trip and leave em for the yotes.

Comment

I forgot Red. Like Nostradenis, Koon and Red don't miss.

I watched them both do 150 yard headshots on running hogs. Quite impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X