Yet another school shooting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    That's not an excuse. I played those same games growing up as a kid. I blame the parents 100%.
    I agree with you, heck I played them too. I just saying it’s a great simulation that teaches tactics and weaponry to children. Used in the wrong hands can be harmful

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      As with a lot of things, it is a perfect storm.

You can't argue that the amount of violence and negativity on TV, in video games, and internet hasn't increased exponentially in the last several years. I played shoot em up games back 10, 15, 20 years ago, and they are nothing like they are now as far as gore and realism. Not only that, fatal violence is now just so mainstream.

Couple that with social media and the lack of actual relationships between people and a person could have several "friends" bot no real "friend."

People like to find blame somewhere... and folks blame parents. I'm in that camp most of the time, because it is up to the parent to restrict and watch their kiddos and set the tone for what is right and what is not... however, do we blame the parent's parent for not parenting them enough on how to properly raise a kid? How far do we go back? At what point to we say people have to have personal responsibility.

People like to say "it takes a village to raise a kid" when they want credit for raising good kids... but just blame the parent when the kid turns out to be a murderer or a thief. Think about that. As a society, do we care enough about other people's kids to make a difference.

I don't proclaim to have the answers. It is hard to unwind what has already been wound. If you think about it, this is a crisis that has been decades in the making.
      excellent post!!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        That we haven't "always" had school shootings or "mass death stabbings" at school.
        If someone got stabbed and died it would be one death
        Not ten at a time.

Sure folks BROUGHT guns to schools in the 80s but how many actually opened fire in the classroom?
        I can't think of any.
        Especially killing anyone.
        And how many people died in this "active school shooting" that's causing this debate right now?

Get my point yet?

Comment

You can't argue that the amount of violence and negativity on TV, in video games, and internet hasn't increased exponentially in the last several years. I played shoot em up games back 10, 15, 20 years ago, and they are nothing like they are now as far as gore and realism. Not only that, fatal violence is now just so mainstream.

Couple that with social media and the lack of actual relationships between people and a person could have several "friends" bot no real "friend."

People like to find blame somewhere... and folks blame parents. I'm in that camp most of the time, because it is up to the parent to restrict and watch their kiddos and set the tone for what is right and what is not... however, do we blame the parent's parent for not parenting them enough on how to properly raise a kid? How far do we go back? At what point to we say people have to have personal responsibility.

People like to say "it takes a village to raise a kid" when they want credit for raising good kids... but just blame the parent when the kid turns out to be a murderer or a thief. Think about that. As a society, do we care enough about other people's kids to make a difference.

I don't proclaim to have the answers. It is hard to unwind what has already been wound. If you think about it, this is a crisis that has been decades in the making.
          I agree except for the bolded. Liberals have screwed up everything so bad it's crazy. No one wants to risk doing anything with anyone else's kids.

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          Summary...Some people shouldn't have kids!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            And how many people died in this "active school shooting" that's causing this debate right now?

Get my point yet?
            Sensationalism
            Since ten people died last week from the same thing
            The potential for many to die in today's incident is there as well

Part of it is media
            But it's still a sufficient threat

Comment

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he's another example of a kid placed on ADHD drugs instead of tough love parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I agree except for the bolded. Liberals have screwed up everything so bad it's crazy. No one wants to risk doing anything with anyone else's kids.
                I would say that you do agree then. We don't, as a society, generally, care enough about other people's kids. You can blame whomever you want for how/why/when that happened. You could argue that we don't care because we've been attacked when we tried to in the past. I think that is a valid argument. You could say we don't care because it's not "our" problem too. Seen plenty of times where people want to sweep problems under the rug because it is not in their neighborhood... Problem is, we live in a global world now... it doesn't take much for somebody else's problem to become your problem too.

There are a lot of reasons... we've found ourselves, as a society in a pretty complex mess here... with no single culprit, that all by itself, can take the full blame for it all.

Comment

Another part of this is we have built a society that looks for excuses at every turn, It's not my fault because of this or that no ones wants to take responsibility for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he's another example of a kid placed on ADHD drugs instead of tough love parenting.
                    You have half of it right. Lack of tough love parenting. ADHD meds has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                    Another part of this is we have built a society that looks for excuses at every turn, It's not my fault because of this or that no ones wants to take responsibility for their actions.
                    Yep. Posts like it's the ADHD meds above is just a way to give them an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                      These kids train all their lives playing these shoot them up video games online
                      This an absolute bull***** cop out. My son plays/has played these just as much as any other kid. He would never even think of doing anything like this. Some of these kids are never taught to stand up for themselves against a bully. There is no fighting anymore it’s to easy to use a gun. My son took an *** whooping one time because he was standing up for a bullied kid. The bully, my son, and the bullied kid All turns out to be pretty good friends not long after.

The highlighted is also some of it. If I got in trouble at a friends house his dad whooped my *** then when I got home guess what my dad did. Yep he whooped my *** as well. It happened the same if my friends got in trouble at my house. I know with the liberals these days you can’t whoop another persons kid, but you have to have enough balls to put a stop to things and let there parents know that they can either behave the way they are supposed to at your house or they will not be back over. I have no problem with scolding any of my friends kids when they are at my house and incourege the same when my kid is at their house. My kids absolutely will not act up without being punished. My son is 21 and he still knows I will whoop his *** if need be. We need to do better as a society and parents with our kids.

Comment

I would say that you do agree then. We don't, as a society, generally, care enough about other people's kids. You can blame whomever you want for how/why/when that happened. You could argue that we don't care because we've been attacked when we tried to in the past. I think that is a valid argument. You could say we don't care because it's not "our" problem too. Seen plenty of times where people want to sweep problems under the rug because it is not in their neighborhood... Problem is, we live in a global world now... it doesn't take much for somebody else's problem to become your problem too.

There are a lot of reasons... we've found ourselves, as a society in a pretty complex mess here... with no single culprit, that all by itself, can take the full blame for it all.
                        Hey Swamp... there is in fact a single source/culprit for this. His name is Satan... pure evil and the root of it all. Only one solution and that is to ask God to intervene as He has defeated Satan and is the only one who can "fix" this. If we put God back into our schools, into our homes, into every part of our daily lives, this would be fixed in a generation. You use the word "care" and that is a good description of Agape Love like God demonstrates that we should have for one another... We may not "like" each other, but we sure are capable of "loving" one another... Swamp, please do not misunderstand me, this is NOT directed at you, but directed at the problem you have so accurately described that is so prevalent in our society and our world today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
                          This an absolute bull***** cop out. My son plays/has played these just as much as any other kid. He would never even think of doing anything like this. Some of these kids are never taught to stand up for themselves against a bully. There is no fighting anymore it’s to easy to use a gun. My son took an *** whooping one time because he was standing up for a bullied kid. The bully, my son, and the bullied kid All turns out to be pretty good friends not long after.

The highlighted is also some of it. If I got in trouble at a friends house his dad whooped my *** then when I got home guess what my dad did. Yep he whooped my *** as well. It happened the same if my friends got in trouble at my house. I know with the liberals these days you can’t whoop another persons kid, but you have to have enough balls to put a stop to things and let there parents know that they can either behave the way they are supposed to at your house or they will not be back over. I have no problem with scolding any of my friends kids when they are at my house and incourege the same when my kid is at their house. My kids absolutely will not act up without being punished. My son is 21 and he still knows I will whoop his *** if need be. We need to do better as a society and parents with our kids.
                          You probably raised your kids right. Think of the ones that aren’t. Those online games are full of kids and some adults taking trash and making threats to one another online.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                            You probably raised your kids right. Think of the ones that aren’t. Those online games are full of kids and some adults taking trash and making threats to one another online.

Oh I’m definitely not saying they are not bad influences because they probably are. The video game does not make the kid though. I was by no means bragging because I’m sure most on here have the same story as I do. We need a lot more parents and god in this society. We get that back and the world will be a lot better shape than it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Hey Swamp... there is in fact a single source/culprit for this. His name is Satan... pure evil and the root of it all. Only one solution and that is to ask God to intervene as He has defeated Satan and is the only one who can "fix" this. If we put God back into our schools, into our homes, into every part of our daily lives, this would be fixed in a generation. You use the word "care" and that is a good description of Agape Love like God demonstrates that we should have for one another... We may not "like" each other, but we sure are capable of "loving" one another... Swamp, please do not misunderstand me, this is NOT directed at you, but directed at the problem you have so accurately described that is so prevalent in our society and our world today.
                              Ha!

To keep my reply short... I omited my speil about evil...

For the history of mankind, evil has persisted. No law created by man has ever been able to rid the world of evil. Evil always finds a way. Childeren are starved, tortured, bullied, raped, drugged and all sorts of unfathomaly ways every day on an order of magnitude greater than this particular embodiment of violence towards our childeren. Evil will persists and cant be legislated against.

Only the love that comes from God and obeying 2 simple laws of God can really rid the world of evil... but until that day of complete obedience to Him... evil will persist.

I don't say this with helplessness... but the conditions that created a ripe situation for this level of violence have stemmed from decisions being made without proper foresight....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X