No announcement yet.

Chaparral Archery Dec 5 - 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boooo for waiting! You're having a heck of a season! Just how big of a buck are we talking about, anyway?

Comment

Congrats to you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw him well over an hour before I took a shot. He ate corn 50 to 100 yards away, aggressively ran off a 3.5yr old legal 8pt, I drew on him then as he stood at 30 yards but just wouldnt risk any more misses due to limbs as there were 2 long thin limbs infront of him. (No more trying to thread arrows after this year)

He kept running bucks off. He refreshed his scrapes, both of which I have trail camera photos on and I got some good pics of him before I shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Cmon with it

Comment

Chocolate horns !

Comment

After about an hour of constant shaking from adrenaline and the cold misting weather, he finally made his way within 40 yards and closing. I ranged him, 36 yards. I waited and waited and waited for the best angle. I had does to my rear and side and was nervous about getting busted when I drew back. I settled the pin and released! It smacked him hard! He made some sort of growl and ran hard away. I heard crashing. Sounded all good.

I did not find any blood trail. Stumbled upon my arrow. 14" of penetration, good bubbly blood but no pass through and no blood trail, Trypan Tip was bent at the tip. I hit a bone.

Partner shows up, we start looking. For an hour, I did not feel to good about recovering him at night, but was confident I made a lethal shot.

Not lethal enough.

I walked up on him alive and bedded. Doubled backed for my bow, buddy and a better light and stuck him again until he expired. I hate to see any animal suffer, especially bow harvest.

No ground strinkage here!

Chap Tech aged at 5.5yr old. 120lbs dressed.

Score to be determined
              Main frame 10 with broken brow.

This year has been epic! 3 Texas Big Game Awards bow kills! One on private low fence and two from public drawn hunts and a 400lb Nilgai cow bow kill. I mean, not to toot my own horn but Toot Toot!

Sucess at the Chap is sweet, even sweeter with a bow.

Comment

Congrats bud! Awesome hunt!

Comment

Congrats! You should ALWAYS carry your bow on the blood trail and be ready to shoot! You’d be regretting it if he’d have gotten up and ran away.

Comment

Congrats man, love some chap.

My brother had a similar experience there with a kill. Those suckers are tough!

Comment

Great job! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                        Congrats! You should ALWAYS carry your bow on the blood trail and be ready to shoot! You’d be regretting it if he’d have gotten up and ran away.
                        7:30 pm is dark. Cant shoot solo without a light

Comment

It is snowing at the Chaparral

Comment

Our camp

Comment

Your taxidermy bill is gonna suck!

Comment

congrats!