Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mississippi

Anyone ever hunt any archery only wma on the big river in Mississippi? Looking at making a trip later in season. Looking for some insight.

Grew up hunting Southwest Mississippi but ain't been in many years.... If you need someone to roll with holla at me.... I'm going to hit Lake George WMA muzzleloader hunt on January 18... St. Catherine Creek NWR has great bow hunting

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a long long time. We mostly duck hunted over there but I will say that there are some absolute monsters when you get close to the river that just aren't talked about a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As a Mississippi native I used to hunt them religiously, but I haven't set foot on one in well over 10 years. There were always some great deer seen and a few taken but you certainly had to work for them and with a lot of hunter activity pushing deer, luck played a big part. Based on what I have heard/not heard in recent times, the quality of the hunting has possibly gone down somewhat, but that's just a guess.

Comment

When i lived there i hunted alot at Copiah county WMA. use to see plenty deer and my biggest buck to date i shot there with a shotgun. He was a clean 8 that scored about 135 and weighted about 225. Had plent of fun hunting over there.

Comment

Looks most of the wma's the season closes mid November. I thought the rut was Jan in the delta that's where I want to go. I see there is wildlife refuges that are open till Jan and feb. Most of there wma have horn restriction of min 15 spread or 18 main beam. One even is 16/20. Makes some nice bucks

Comment

Working...
            X