Processor woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processor woes

Long story...place I used for last few years stop taking game. Tried a new place.

Split 3 axis does with a buddy.. so I took 3 shoulder, 3 hams, 3 back straps in.

Asked for steaks from the straps and 1 ham. Grind the rest.

Got it back.. 5 packages of 2 steaks marked back strap. 20 packages of steaks marked ham.

I think I am a little short on back strap. Place says maybe some was mislabeled as "ham".

I dont see it even I some is labeled ham. Said they get 8 to 10 steaks cut 3/4 in thick from an average backstrap.

I know.. do it yourself and these issues dont happen.

I have decided to just let it go.. but dang it upsets me with the price of an Axis hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry for your situation, but yep.......you know what you should've done.

I do all of my own.........it sucks at the time, but it's darn sure worth it!

Comment

always do my own. its not that much work really.

Comment

Next time you take quartered meat in tell em its Audad or ram or some other less desired meat

Comment

Wont be a next time. If I do sausage, I will get enough together to have my own batch done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I obviously understand why you took the hams and shoulders in; however, why did you take the backstraps to them just to let them to cut them for you?
            Last edited by RR 314; 09-11-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Where did you take it?

Comment

Que the “it’s why i do my own” gang. Lol

Comment

I used to have a neighbor that worked for a processor...his freezer was always full, his chest freezer. Always had the finest exotics, he didn't like WT very much. He didn't own a rifle or have a place to hunt, so now you know

I'm with the above guy, why take it to them for something you can do at home in five minutes and for a few bucks in packaging materials? I'm sure they charged you quite a bit for this service.

Comment

But isn't that the ONLY way to be 100% sure?

I say that's why I do it myself. [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

^^^ this was supposed to be a quote of fnd

Comment

Processor woes

Dont have the equipment to do it myself.

Frankly I never had an issue prior to this time with feeling like I hadn't gotten all my meat back.
                      Last edited by r_u_sharp_2; 09-11-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I take plenty of game into processors to get done but I never leave the backstrap or tenders with them.

Comment

Hope they gave you your axis meat back and not some other persons animal or deer

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Que the “it’s why i do my own” gang. Lol
                            Well I do my own, but it’s because I’m cheap and it’s usually a pretty good drink while processing.

Comment

I used to do my own but don't have the time anymore. I take all my stuff to one processor about an hr from the house, I shot a nilgai in may and took it to a different processor 15 minutes from my house for convenience, and also figured how can anyone eff up steaks and hamburger. Well they did and from now on I'll only go to my trusted processor

Comment

Working...
                              X