Pepper spray for Neighborhood Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepper spray for Neighborhood Dogs?

If a feller and his wife were having issues while walking their dog in their neighborhood with strays and a particular set of neighbors dogs, is there any thing to worry about besides the particular set of neighbors being mad if that feller was to spray them with pepper spray?

Just wanting to make sure I don't get into any trouble because some neighbors can't keep their POS dogs in their yard. Usually it's just my wife and the baby walking the dog.

Are they running loose? Maybe carry a baseball bat.

Comment

Guess its better than lead.

Comment

Id take any means neccesary to protect your baby. And if the neighbors get mad that you sprayed the dog with peoper spray and were protecting your child cause they cant keep their dog chained then tell them theyre right. A .22 works better

Comment

Call your local constable for local ordinances. I believe you have a right to protect yourself on public property.

Comment

Just be careful that the wind/breeze doesnt carry any spray onto your family, especially that baby.

Comment

The wife and walk the neighborhood with a 10k volt taser. Works like a charm

Comment

It's going to end up officer discretion. Is the dog a threat, or just annoying? How does your dog react? Have the police been involved before? Etc. etc.

Just remember that if it's an ongoing thing, then she suddenly shows up with pepper spray, it's not going to look good... It sucks, but these things can and will come back to bite you.

Comment

Do what needs to be done. Call the pound or local authorities and take pepper spray or bat or golf club. This has happened to me and the wife more than once and we have a leash law in Lubbock. If a dog comes after me, my wife or my dogs (Rotties), then I will take care of it or let my big male Rottie handle it. I cannot stand people that think just because their dogs are in their yard or garage that they can be off leash and we are the ones that get the looks and blame because of the breed of dogs we have. Some people are just plain stupid when it comes to letting their dogs runs free in Lubbock, especially around my neighborhood.

Comment

Any dog to tuns up on me, my wife, my kids is going o be feeling the pain for many days

Pepper spray is going easy on them

Comment

They don't run loose all of the time but in the evenings they are out and I think they let them out the front to go crap in everyone else's yard instead of theirs. They really aren't aggressive persee to us as much as they are towards the wife's dog. But one of them is very annoying because he runs up to about 10 ft barking and keeps that distance and won't go away or shut up. Baseball bat won't do it . It's just hard for my wife to walk the hood with her dog and the baby stroller and keep the dip****s away. A few neighbors we are friends with have issues with them too. I'd be more than willing to dispose of them but I can't catch them. And I really can't shoot one with the .40, there's too much background to worry about. But I am getting tempted to bring my 22 mag with the snake shot

Comment

Originally posted by Acostades View Post
                        The wife and walk the neighborhood with a 10k volt taser. Works like a charm
                        That's on my mind too

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
                        It's going to end up officer discretion. Is the dog a threat, or just annoying? How does your dog react? Have the police been involved before? Etc. etc.

Just remember that if it's an ongoing thing, then she suddenly shows up with pepper spray, it's not going to look good... It sucks, but these things can and will come back to bite you.
                        They really are not a threat really to us, but the midget yellow one has come up to me in my yard while mowing and nipped at my heels when I turn around. He has don't the same to my wife walking. The black one bowed up to me once in my driveway when I yelled at him to stop peeing on my mailbox, but when I pulled my knife and walked towards him he hightailed it home. The tallow midget is more the instigator and the black one is more like the "monkey see monkey do" of the group.

As far as the cops, I know there was an incident where the cops were called by another neighbor about a dog but I think it was their friend that used to live next door to me and had a **** dog too.

I don't really care if the neighbors know who or why their dog is covered in mace, my wife has had words with the lady neighbor about her dogs. And if she doesn't want her dog covered in mace then she should not let them run loose in a neighborhood with folks that don't like her dogs.

Comment

You can't walk in a different direction?

DJ

Comment

the taser chatter works great.. hit it when you see the dog its a instinctive response to run with tail between legs... hell it makes my hair stand up when I hear it

Comment

I'd pull a negan on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X