• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    say what?!!!

Dude was .500 in his 4 years and way below .500 the last 2
    nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Have you looked at the team he was given the last two years? If they expect anyone to win with that bunch, then they're dumber than you are.
      You weren't talking about the players lol

All you said is it doesn't have to do with WINS and LOSSES, like they won or something and were puzzled why he was gone

Comment

I think you drastically over-rate the decisions Nolan makes, base ball wise...and even Reid for that matter (actual personnel wise).

Comment

Jesus....Nolan was not the GM here, and he's not in Houston. He's not even in charge of baseball ops, he's an advisor.
          Hmmmm. My bad. I thought he was GM but he was the President.

Either way Daniels is the problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-21-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I'm an starting to be in the camp of not liking Jon Daniels.....I liked Bannie and his abrupt style....Bleep the ***** millenials...

Comment

Everyone loves to kick JD in the balls now. No one wants to remember how on board they were with most of the decisions he made post WS appearances to try to get back there. No one cared about the prospects (that JD aquired) being traded away to get Lucroy, Hamels, etc....

But now that they didn't get back, and the prospects are all gone, it's all JD's fault. All this without having any idea what directives and restrictions he was given from ownership. Nailing down his whole tenure to one or two moves is short sighted.

You can think what you want of JD, I'm not sure if he's the guy to bring it back or not....but there's a whole lot of revisionist history where he is concerned.

Comment

I think you drastically over-rate the decisions Nolan makes, base ball wise...and even Reid for that matter (actual personnel wise).
                People are so jaded with this Ryan crap - Daniels has definitely made some bad moves, but Nolan Ryan had as much to do with the Astros winning as I do.

Communication is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Hmmmm. My bad. I thought he was GM but he was the President.

Either way Daniels is the problem.

Nolan was President of Baseball Ops. here while JD was GM. Ownership ran Nolan off, he was JD's boss, he's always just been an advisor (and Reid's dad) in Houston.

Those who would rather have kept Nolan, who was your slam dunk hire for GM back then????

Comment

Everyone loves to kick JD in the balls now. No one wants to remember how on board they were with most of the decisions he made post WS appearances to try to get back there. No one cared about the prospects (that JD aquired) being traded away to get Lucroy, Hamels, etc....

But now that they didn't get back, and the prospects are all gone, it's all JD's fault. All this without having any idea what directives and restrictions he was given from ownership. Nailing down his whole tenure to one or two moves is short sighted.

You can think what you want of JD, I'm not sure if he's the guy to bring it back or not....but there's a whole lot of revisionist history where he is concerned.
                    Agree completely - Facts also say that at times we were dang close to the end goal. I realize close doesn't get it, but the goal at the time was obvious. We gave up young to get established in order to help the now.

The now is over, and we are looking for a new window. The allegiance of the front office and Ownership to Daniels should show that he is making moves according to directive, as a collective.

Comment

That directive as a collective, whatever it is so far, is starting to wear on me.... he better get this **** flipped around and pronto

Comment

I think JD is the problem. Hard to produce W’s when you can’t get a pitching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          That directive as a collective, whatever it is so far, is starting to wear on me.... he better get this **** flipped around and pronto
                          No doubt.

What are the odds Davis and Simpson are using this new stadium to inflate the value of the team to sell out for LARGE profits????

That's been my biggest worry since this whole stadium thing started.

Comment

SOOOO Banny is out, doesnt matter who's fault or why, he is out. So the question now is who is going to be the next skipper of the Rangers ??? Who out there is a good/possible candidate?

Comment

Bye bye Bannie!

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                              SOOOO Banny is out, doesnt matter who's fault or why, he is out. So the question now is who is going to be the next skipper of the Rangers ??? Who out there is a good/possible candidate?

I saw where Evan Grant (Rangers beat writer) did an article today on possibilities, but I did not open it yet.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-21-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Im not nearly as informed about DFW sports as I was when I lived there. I listen to 104.9 the Horn instead of streaming the Ticket. Obviously I am a Horn fan first and foremost.

I seem to remember them blowing off the future, prospect wise for an all in one year now or never plan and then lost in the first round. The responsible parties should have been fired then as it's all been downhill ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X