No announcement yet.

Chevy Taho vs Ford Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the 3rd row in the Tahoes/Yukons still "stadium seating"? That's been the only real negative with them since 2003. The 3rd row seats are only large enough for a child.

Comment

I think our next will be the Tahoe RST...it's a beast. Our 15 has been a great ride

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
        I honestly am kinda leaning to the Expedition. Our Tahoe has been a piece of crap. The back latch has broken multiple times and cost us $1000, the automatic running boards broke, the dash cracked, tons of stuff.

I have been a Chevy/GMC person since my first vehicle and I am kinda wanting a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Go Ford, my wife’s 15/16(can’t remember) suburban Ltz is a lemon, she has 80k now and A.C. is out for second time. Her avalanche before that was a lemon, thankfully she finally admitted that she should listened to me and bought anything but a Chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          Go Ford, my wife’s 16 suburban Ltz is a lemon, she has 80k now and A.C. is out for second time. Her avalanche before that was a lemon, thankfully she finally admitted that she should listened to me and bought anything but a Chevy.
          We signed on a Ford today. They are bringing us one in from Terrell.. Funny story tho.. They got a new one in a few days ago and never topped off the fluids and stuff like that.. Basically they put it out and let us test drive it before they should have. The **** thing overheated and broke down on our test drive That got us an extra 3000 off haha.. Hopefully that doesnt happen to the one were picking up monday.

Comment

Go Expedition and don’t look back. Wife’s Tahoe was the biggest POS. Cracked dash, door plastic broke, seats cracked, multiple engine problems and it was only 3 years old. The Ecoboost will flat out run in the Expedition and so much more comfortable to drive.

Comment

We signed on a Ford today. They are bringing us one in from Terrell.. Funny story tho.. They got a new one in a few days ago and never topped off the fluids and stuff like that.. Basically they put it out and let us test drive it before they should have. The **** thing overheated and broke down on our test drive That got us an extra 3000 off haha.. Hopefully that doesnt happen to the one were picking up monday.
              Ha!!!! Somebody got an ear full!!!

We bought my wife’s off the truck. Fortunately we were not in a hurry and they dropped it off to us two days later.

In all fairness in 15/16 wasn’t a very competitive alternative to suburban unless you had 6 figures for new custom excursion.

Congrats on the purchase!!! I bet it’s a good one

Comment

We haven’t looked at cars in years. My wife’s 2012 taho is about to **** the bed. Which would you guys go with? My wife really likes the Expedition and they are basically within $1500 in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                If I had a 6 yr old Tahoe that was about to give up the ghost, I wouldn't turn around and buy another one.

Comment

I’m not a Ford guy, except for the OBS models with the old 300 straight 6. With that said, my wife and I have looked at both and I have been nothing but impressed with the Expedition. I kinda expect to have one in our driveway after we sell our house.

Comment

We drive Fords at work every day and that’s why I would never own one as a personal truck. I have had Chevy and never had a problem. The older models had problems with the dash cracking, but that has been fixed.

Comment

Ford.

Comment

You won’t regret the Ford. Wife has a 17 and its been great. Nearly 20mpg and very powerful as well as tons of room. My only complaint is the engine fan is loud, but it’s doing its job so I guess that’s petty.

My wifes mother has a loaded 15 Denali and I swear every time I get in it something else is wrong. Headlights, dash cracked, stearin wheel wood grain fell off, tire pressure sensors, AC went out, tin foil on door handles pealing...

BIL just traded thier 16 Tahoe in due to the AC going out also.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                          We drive Fords at work every day and that’s why I would never own one as a personal truck. I have had Chevy and never had a problem. The older models had problems with the dash cracking, but that has been fixed.
                          The dash cracking problem has absolutely not been fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                            The dash cracking problem has absolutely not been fixed
                            Do you drive a new Chevy? I just sold my 09 and my wife has a 2015 with no problems.

Comment

We got my wife a Navigator in August and she absolutely loves it. We also looked/drove a Denali for a week and she liked that just as much but the navigator had more functional room and that was the deciding factor.

Comment

We drove both (rented from car rental over the weekend) went with the Tahoe. Better fuel mileage (active fuel management vs Ecoboost). The expo seats hurt my back but ohh the AC seats were nice ��. She got a 17 Texas edition lt with 4500 miles for $18000 off.

Comment

Working...
                                X