Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
    Do you just not believe the people who have had positive changes or do you not believe the test results?
    Both, he cheers for a team who’s color is burnt

Comment

Do your research...wife and I have been on the Keto lifestyle for about 3+- months. At least for us, we don't fast but eat what has become normal for us.

All I can attest to, if you're a diabetic it's been GREAT for me. Posted before, but my A1C tested along with my "diabetic inspired" physical 3 weeks past was 5.7, fasting glucose levels (at the time of lab drawn) was 95. I could list them all but got a A+ from my physician. I've also reduced my insulin by 15 units and lost to date just under 30 lbs. I did not have ONE lab value that was a concern and I'm about to turn 66. So, everything I saw in the OP pic would be ok for both the wife and I and we love plates like this as well.

Eat "good fats," stay away from the CARBS & SUGARS!! Works for us so just our 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        Do you just not believe the people who have had positive changes or do you not believe the test results?
        Fad diet just like I said. My wife who is the picture of great health at age 58 totally agrees with me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          No I meant to say what I said.
          If I do eat breakfast fast say on the weekends or when someone told me , hey eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism rolling then I was always starving before lunch or my blood sugar dropped and I had to eat something sweet to stop the shakes from hypoglycemia.
          I understand stand you are into nutrition and I'm sure you still do your research.
          But I know this about most people we hate to admit we have been taught wrong our whole lives and what we have based our lives / beliefs on.
          And the more educated a person is the harder it is for them to come around to new information.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          First of all, you said if you don't eat breakfast then by lunch time you are hungry. That is a given. If you don't have any food in your system or in your body you are going to get hungry. Go back and read what you typed. Secondly, the picture that you posted is not in any way, shape, or form a healthy meal. It may have tasted something awesome, but it was not healthy for you. Continue to think that it is and your body will be suffering in the long run. Third, not eating breakfast has been proven to be bad for your body. You can debate that all you want, but a simple fact is that you are wrong in your thinking. Finally and I am going to bow out after this, but you are ignorant on this subject. If you know the true meaning of ignorance, you won't take that as being offensive. If you don't know that true meaning of ignorance, then you will take it offensively. For you to say that what most people have been taught wrong their whole lives is wrong, yet are unwilling to admit it shows your lack of understanding. My beliefs are based on what I have been taught my whole life and are in no way wrong. I have also formulated my own beliefs, ethics, and morals based on research, studies, and an ever changing society, yet my base comes from what I have been taught by people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE about certain subjects. And lastly, your statement about "the more educated a person is, the harder it is for them to come around about new information" is absolutely ludicrous. The more knowledge and information I have about a subject allows me to make informed choices and well thought out decisions about new information that does come out. It also allows me to have valid arguments about certain subjects and allows me to have evidence to support my argument, rather than just talking out of my butt. It has nothing to do with my unwillingness to listen to the new information and formulate my own opinion. Being educated, and today's society, is actually looked upon as being a good thing. A lack of education is part of what is destroying our society. Just look at all the people that voted for Obama. Your lack of education and knowledge on this subject shows how ignorant you are about what is truly healthy and unhealthy for your body. It also shows that you really do not know what you are talking about. Keep doing what you are doing, but know that it is not healthy, nor is it good for your overall health.

Good day and good luck with your weight loss.
          Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 09-12-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Lol. OP what was for dinner this evening? I say another two sided steak with a side of keto.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
              First of all, you said if you don't eat breakfast then by lunch time you are hungry. That is a given. If you don't have any food in your system or in your body you are going to get hungry. Go back and read what you typed. Secondly, the picture that you posted is not in any way, shape, or form as a healthy meal. Continue to think that it is and your body will be suffering in a long one run. Third, not eating breakfast has been proven to be bad for your body. You can debate that all you want, but a simple fact is that you are wrong in your thinking. Finally and I am going to bow out after this, but you are ignorant on this subject. If you know the true meaning of ignorance, you won't take that as being offensive. If you don't know that true meaning of ignorance, then you will take it offensively. For you to say that what most people have been taught wrong their whole lives is wrong, yet are unwilling to admit it shows your lack of understanding. My beliefs are based on what I have been taught my whole life and are in no way wrong. I have also formulated my own beliefs, ethics, and morals based on research, studies, and an ever changing society, yet my base comes from what inane been taught by people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE about certain subjects.And your statement about "the more educated a person is, the harder it is for them to come around about new information" is absolutely ludicrous. The more knowledge and information I have about a subject allows me to research and verify the new information that does come out. It also allows me to have valid arguments about certain subjects and allows me to have evidence to support my argument, rather than just talking out of my butt.Your lack of education and knowledge on this subject shows how ignorant you are about what is truly healthy and unhealthy for your body. Keep doing what you are doing, but know that it is not healthy, nor is it good for your overall health.

No it's not a given.
              At least not for me.
              Breakfast= hungry before lunch and most times hypoglycemic.
              No breakfast = not hungry before lunch and most times could go until dinner if I had to..

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                Lol. OP what was for dinner this evening? I say another two sided steak with a side of keto.
                Actually it was lol [emoji16].

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                  First of all, you said if you don't eat breakfast then by lunch time you are hungry. That is a given. If you don't have any food in your system or in your body you are going to get hungry. Go back and read what you typed. Secondly, the picture that you posted is not in any way, shape, or form a healthy meal. It may have tasted something awesome, but it was not healthy for you. Continue to think that it is and your body will be suffering in the long run. Third, not eating breakfast has been proven to be bad for your body. You can debate that all you want, but a simple fact is that you are wrong in your thinking. Finally and I am going to bow out after this, but you are ignorant on this subject. If you know the true meaning of ignorance, you won't take that as being offensive. If you don't know that true meaning of ignorance, then you will take it offensively. For you to say that what most people have been taught wrong their whole lives is wrong, yet are unwilling to admit it shows your lack of understanding. My beliefs are based on what I have been taught my whole life and are in no way wrong. I have also formulated my own beliefs, ethics, and morals based on research, studies, and an ever changing society, yet my base comes from what I have been taught by people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE about certain subjects. And lastly, your statement about "the more educated a person is, the harder it is for them to come around about new information" is absolutely ludicrous. The more knowledge and information I have about a subject allows me to make informed choices and well thought out decisions about new information that does come out. It also allows me to have valid arguments about certain subjects and allows me to have evidence to support my argument, rather than just talking out of my butt. It has nothing to do with my unwillingness to listen to the new information and formulate my own opinion. Being educated, and today's society, is actually looked upon as being a good thing. A lack of education is part of what is destroying our society. Just look at all the people that voted for Obama. Your lack of education and knowledge on this subject shows how ignorant you are about what is truly healthy and unhealthy for your body. It also shows that you really do not know what you are talking about. Keep doing what you are doing, but know that it is not healthy, nor is it good for your overall health.

I need a drink now

Comment

No it's not a given.
                    At least not for me.
                    No breakfast = not hungry before lunch and most times could go until dinner if I had to..

I may have missed it, but were you asking for advise on this thread? Lmao!

Keep up the good work!.....oh, Kroger has healthy strip steaks on sale for $4.77 lb

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Fad diet just like I said. My wife who is the picture of great health at age 58 totally agrees with me.

OPs plate is full of carbs.

Comment

In a little research I found that the steak is not part of the keto diet. People hear eat tons of fat and just start eating animals. Lol. It is also low protein. You are supposed to eat very little meat. The fat comes from avacados, cheese and nuts, etc. But not cashews cause they are high in protein.

Comment

IMHO that is all due to weight loss...not a specific method. Lost 120 and 70 pounds? Yikes. I am sure they were unhealthy.
                          Exactly! Losing alot of weight will cause all these methods to come down lol

Comment

No it's not a given.
                            At least not for me.

You are not active enough then if you are not hungry. If you are active and burn calories your body needs food. Simple as that. If you are more sedentary then you can go longer without the urge to eat

Comment

In a little research I found that the steak is not part of the keto diet. People hear eat tons of fat and just start eating animals. Lol. It is also low protein. You are supposed to eat very little meat. The fat comes from avacados, cheese and nuts, etc. But not cashews cause they are high in protein.

Okay brother we get it you don't believe in Keto.
                              I'm doing everything wrong but still lost almost 27 pounds so I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing but thank you for your concern hope you have an awesome deer season.

Comment

I will say this for the Paleo diet. You can call it a fad but its how we humans ate for thousands and thousands of years up until very recently in our history. So thousands of years of evolutionary biology is a hard thing to call a "fad". Keto I have not tried as I am not overweight but I have done lots of research and know plenty on it. My biggest concern with causing ketosis is the drastic manipulations caused in insulin levels. Short term testing looks good on most people but I am curious as to long term studies of health. Losing 100lbs in a year through blood sugar manipulation seems to me to be a major toll on the body but with that said so is being 100lbs overweight.

The problem with taking in simple carbs is that most of what we are eating is GMO. Like wheat. Even those with celiac disease can tolerate the gluten formed in heirloom wheats. Problem is during WW2 they messed with the DNA of wheat and created a variety that could produce 5 to 10x more yield per acre but created new glutens that many cant tolerate. Guess what, we now have an epidemic of gluten intolerances. Same for our Milk in the US. Illegal to sell in Europe due to GMOs that have been linked to cancer but guess what? Raw milk can be digested just fine by those that are lactose intolerance because it still contains the natural lactase needed to digest it. We in the US have a freaking ingredient list on our milk. There should be one ingredient. MILK

Plain and simple this is an American problem and it comes from eating a bunch of plastic garbage food. Eat clean, non gmo and organic as much as possible and you will lose a ton of weight if you are overweight without having to restrict your diet.
                                Last edited by Ætheling; 09-13-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X