Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Sportsman issue

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Thanks guys. Good info. It has an aftermarket air filter. I'll check that . And I recently had to jump start it for the first time so battery could be going bad.

That or the Flux Capacitor....recently had to replace mine on the Rancher [emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I think your henweigh is out of alignment
      Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      That or the Flux Capacitor....recently had to replace mine on the Rancher [emoji108]
      For sure the henweigh or the flux capacitor

Comment

i would say bad battery. my magnum is carbureted, and if the battery isnt good it will not run, even if you try to rope start it.

Comment

ethanol?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            ethanol?
            I use fuel stabilizer but it does sit sometimes for up to a month without running
            Last edited by Chew; 05-25-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

You need to check the voltage on the kanuter valve.

Comment

I had a similar issues with my Kawasaki mule, it had problems staying running and the local service tech told me to start running premium gas in it. Fixed it.

Comment

If you are on the factory battery after 4 years I'd start there. That has to be a record [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    If you are on the factory battery after 4 years I'd start there. That has to be a record [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    I'm famous for stretching the limits. [emoji41][emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      You need to check the voltage on the kanuter valve.
                      This^^^^

Mine had all kinds of Taco Casa leftovers and litter in it.

Comment

Someone else mentioned Sea Foam... I started putting that stuff in my Polaris that I had when you and I hunted together in Trinity County about every 2nd or 3rd tank full of gas... I quit having fuel issues. That one was a carburated engine, but that Sea Foam is great for injected engines as well. New battery and a can of Sea Foam, maybe tighten (take slack out of) the throttle cable just a hair... You'll have 'er gennin' like a sewin' machine in no time!

Comment

Honda

Comment

Originally posted by captardvark View Post
                            Honda
                            This^

All joking aside, it’s more than likely starved for fuel.sea foam, injector cleaner, or something similar and a good hard day of riding will fix her up good.

Comment

Got her running. Drained the old oil and put in some cheapie oil and sea foam in the gas and oil. Got it cranked and it sputtered for a bit and then finally evened out.

Let it get hot then drained that oil and put in the good stuff and another filter. Drove it around the property and it seems to be good. Put a little Stabil in the tank and called it a day.

Comment

Dang mechanic

Comment

Working...
                                X