Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Buck

Some people...

Shot a good buck Wednesday night, a big heavy 8 at least 5.5 years old. Double lung at 18 yards, but couldnt find any blood more than a few specks for 50 yards or so. Backed out and went back yesterday morning to track him(I'm in Wisconsin and it's in the 30s at night here). Blood trail was so thick my boots were covered from walking in it, he made it about 150 yards before piling up. And that's where my trouble started...

He had run about 30-40 yards across an access road onto the next property. I could see the blood trail going up the hill, and a drag mark coming back down to the road. As I sat there scratching my head, a guy walks up and asks "you must be looking for that big 8". I was excited, said sure am. His reply was "it's in the back of my truck, get the f*%k off my property". Kinda in shock, I asked him if he was serious. He literally got mad, and simply repeated his first statement. I went home empty handed.

I know that technically the guy is legal in what he did, but what happened to hunter's ethics? Who wants a buck they didn't shoot? Drove past his place last night, and sure enough there was my buck hanging in his tree. I'm not one for vigilante justice, but it sure is tempting in this case...

Call the warden

Comment

Wow what an ***** clown

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
        Call the warden
        I did. The guy was legal. I have no leg to stand on. It went on his property, I didn't have access to his property, he owns the deer.

Comment

Did he tag it? Possession of an untagged deer is something a warden should know about. And what a jerk!

Comment

Call the warden
            X2 ASAP! I would take pics of it in the tree from the road and also of the blood trail from point of shot to Crossing road etc for proof. That's some sorry crap right there!

Comment

Call the warden
              yep
              That is pretty sorry thing to do to someone. Its not like you were hunting right next to his place. You could show him it went 150 yds

Comment

Maybe the game warden can help you out. If that guy is in possession of a deer and didn't use a tag, chances are you'll get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
                  I did. The guy was legal. I have no leg to stand on. It went on his property, I didn't have access to his property, he owns the deer.
                  Wow... There wouldn't be a deer in that tree when he returned from a trip to town. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
                    He owns the deer if he tagged it.........

Pretty sorry SOB, BTW :-(

Comment

Surely a license check by GW wouldn't hurt though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** that is unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          Did he tag it? Possession of an untagged deer is something a warden should know about. And what a jerk!
                          A deer found dead on your property is the same as a roadkill here in Wisconsin. He called it in and has a tag on it. The GW is a buddy of mine, even he says there is literally nothing he can do.

I guess this post was just to rant, figured you guys would feel my pain.

Comment

Wow! What a bung hole!

Comment

Wow.....

Comment

Working...
                              X