Voter Fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voter Fraud?

My question is how do they screen people that apply for a voters registration card? My step daughter had gotten into the drug world and has had numerous run ins with the law. She is now living with us and we are helping her learn to live a normal life and she is doing good so far. She is on felony probation for several charges and last week she received her voters registration card in the mail. I was talking to my wife about it and she has a patient that just got one in the mail for his son that is in prison for a felony. If they can get a card then I think most any one can, am I missing something here?

Straight from the Texas Secretary of State:

Pursuant to Section 11.002 of the Texas Election Code (the "Code"), once a felon has successfully completed his or her punishment, including any term of incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or has been pardoned, then that person is immediately eligible to register to vote.

On a weekly basis, this office receives information from the Department of Public Safety ("DPS") regarding all persons in the state who have been finally convicted of a felony. We match the DPS data against our statewide file of registered voters, and when we find a possible match, we forward that information to the appropriate county for action. This information is forwarded to the counties on a weekly basis via the WEB browser, or for TVRS counties, it is posted in the pending action window. It is our official advice not to immediately cancel a voter whom we have identified as a possible convicted felon. DPS has cautioned us that felons are frequently convicted under false names. When you receive information from this office regarding a possible convicted felon on your voter registration roll, you should investigate the voter registration of that individual pursuant to Section 16.033 of the Code. To investigate a registration, you must send the voter written notice of the investigation and warn the voter that his or her registration may be cancelled if he or she does not respond within 30 days.

Comment

This is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote until they are 30. Unless they are military members. Not enough life experience to make educated decisions.

Comment

And it's left up to the state, there is no federal law prohibiting felons from voting. Some states, you can vote from prison. Here's a good link that breaks it down.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
          Straight from the Texas Secretary of State:

Pursuant to Section 11.002 of the Texas Election Code (the "Code"), once a felon has successfully completed his or her punishment, including any term of incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or has been pardoned, then that person is immediately eligible to register to vote.

On a weekly basis, this office receives information from the Department of Public Safety ("DPS") regarding all persons in the state who have been finally convicted of a felony. We match the DPS data against our statewide file of registered voters, and when we find a possible match, we forward that information to the appropriate county for action. This information is forwarded to the counties on a weekly basis via the WEB browser, or for TVRS counties, it is posted in the pending action window. It is our official advice not to immediately cancel a voter whom we have identified as a possible convicted felon. DPS has cautioned us that felons are frequently convicted under false names. When you receive information from this office regarding a possible convicted felon on your voter registration roll, you should investigate the voter registration of that individual pursuant to Section 16.033 of the Code. To investigate a registration, you must send the voter written notice of the investigation and warn the voter that his or her registration may be cancelled if he or she does not respond within 30 days.
          Good info and the way I read it since early voting starts next week she could vote even though she is really ineligible. She has never voted before so she applied for the card as a convicted felon serving probation. I can see how illegal aliens get to vote now.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
            Good info and the way I read it since early voting starts next week she could vote even though she is really ineligible. She has never voted before so she applied for the card as a convicted felon serving probation. I can see how illegal aliens get to vote now.
            Yes. She will probably get a letter after the election asking her to provide proof that her probation is over, but by that time the votes have been counted and one candidate will have conceded already(well, maybe not Trump).

Same goes for illegals and those who vote more than once. They're not questioned until after the election has already been decided.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper steve View Post
              And it's left up to the state, there is no federal law prohibiting felons from voting. Some states, you can vote from prison. Here's a good link that breaks it down.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.r...ourceID=000286
              Wow I didn't know this I was under the impression that no felon could ever vote, but I did read earlier that it only applies to while you are serving your term in Texas. I didn't realize it was handled at the state level. I personally have no issues allowing certain reformed felons to earn their rights back.
              Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                This is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote until they are 30. Unless they are military members. Not enough life experience to make educated decisions.
                I do agree that there is an argument for raising the voting age but as long as 18 year olds can go to war they should have a voice. I mean I could argue that no should be able to vote until they're 50 and I'm 51, 30 year olds are still just kids

Comment

I do agree that there is an argument for raising the voting age but as long as 18 year olds can go to war they should have a voice. I mean I could argue that no should be able to vote until they're 50 and I'm 51, 30 year olds are still just kids
                  I just turned 30, hence my choice of age. I am with ya, no one younger than me!

Comment

the voter fraud is rampant.... completely out of control, and nothing is going to happen. We are literally watching the laws become meaningless in this country for the "royalty" that lead it. Here's what the libtards are passing out in Nueces County.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow I didn't know this I was under the impression that no felon could ever vote, but I did read earlier that it only applies to while you are serving your term in Texas. I didn't realize it was handled at the state level. I personally have no issues allowing certain reformed felons to earn their rights back.
                      Thanks for the link.
                      I wonder if a felon's, or potential felons, vote goes into a certain bucket, like absentee voters, whose vote is never counted unless the election is close.

Comment

That Ad card reeks of misinformation or maybe I am misinformed?

I can't go just anywhere in my county to vote, they will send you to the right polling station real quick. How are you able to vote with no ID? They won't let you pass the check in station without matching up your Tx Drivers License with their registration pages at my polling spot.

Maybe they just run it different around here?

But also close home, they had a deceased lady vote already in Jefferson County.

KFDM News and 6 News on Fox have learned the Jefferson County Clerk has discovered a mail-in ballot application that contains the name of a woman who died in August.County Clerk Carolyn Guidry tells us a mail-in ballot application signed and witnessed by

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          That Ad card reeks of misinformation or maybe I am misinformed?

I can't go just anywhere in my county to vote, they will send you to the right polling station real quick. How are you able to vote with no ID? They won't let you pass the check in station without matching up your Tx Drivers License with their registration pages at my polling spot.

Maybe they just run it different around here?

But also close home, they had a deceased lady vote already in Jefferson County.

http://kfdm.com/news/local/kfdm-lear...mail-in-ballot
                          South Texas is a whole other country.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

So I have to pay taxes, work and contribute to society, but I shouldn't be able to vote for the people that make policies that directly affect me and my ability to do those things

I know plenty of military members and people over 30 who are dumber than a box of rocks.

Comment

I think if you show up at the polls and are going to vote Democrat, the officials will look the other way. No speaka de English, no problamo!

Comment

Working...
                              X