Matt Family Orchard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Family Orchard

HAve any of you guys been here lately? Me and a buddy of mine are wanting to take our boys pig hunting and dont want to break the bank. I looked on their site and they want $150 a day and thats pushing it for me. Any help would be appreciated!!! And advice on any other day leases would be appreciated also. We're looking for a place that will have ample shot opps!

Thanks,
    Luckey

For shot opportunities on hogs and value for your money I don't think you can beat the Double L near Victoria. In the past 5 months I have been 3 times. I averaged ~ two shot opportunities per sit and have taken 5 hogs. For $150 you get an afternoon, evening and morning sit as well as use of the bunkhouse. I highly recommend it. Just make sure you bring lots of arrows.

Also, hanging out with Pops is worth the price of admission all by itself.

Comment

I have not been there, but for a pure pig hunt with lots of opportunities I can second Double L, and a place called Catcus Creek.

Comment

I appreciate the info guys, i'll check out the Double L and see whats up. Also i emailed The Matt Family Orchard to see what or if they had any hogs and they emailed me back an said that the hogs dissappeared in 07 b/c of the drought. So i'll have to keep looking. We had a deal in Trinity a long time ago that was $75 a dog no kill fees but that deal went bust or something.

Thanks again,
        Luckey

Comment

Originally posted by luckey7 View Post
          I appreciate the info guys, i'll check out the Double L and see whats up. Also i emailed The Matt Family Orchard to see what or if they had any hogs and they emailed me back an said that the hogs dissappeared in 07 b/c of the drought. So i'll have to keep looking. We had a deal in Trinity a long time ago that was $75 a dog no kill fees but that deal went bust or something.

Thanks again,
          Luckey
          Yeah drought and urban expansion. I live right by the place and the houses are closing in.

Comment

Working...
          X