No announcement yet.

Target/Backstop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are very nice! I need to put it on the list...with the rest of the things that I can't seem to find the tme to do. Let me see....build high rack seat for ranger...target backstop....go fishing....clean garage....build new bow blinds...cooking disc...big @ss feeder....get new camera for photography contest....it goes on and on. I love this place.LOL!

Comment

Good job guys!!

Comment

very nice job.........I could use a few of those at my casa.........

Comment

those are great...
          looks like another project to put on the list.

Comment

nice.. great details on the design.

Comment

Redesigned It

The cardboard on mine wore out and I didn't have the time or motivation to re-cut all that cardboard. So I decided to redesign it. Took out the cardboard and replaced it with hanging rubber mats. I've read about a lot of guys on here using a 3/4" one but I used 2 1/2" just in case. I could have stopped there but since I have GSPs (one of which is barely a year old) and I didn't want rubber pieces all over the yard I made a hinged door on the front and one that slides out on the back.

The poundage on my bow is set so low when I missed (at 45 yds) my arrow didn't even penetrate the first mat.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                So I decided to redesign it. Took out the cardboard and replaced it with hanging rubber mats. I've read about a lot of guys on here using a 3/4" one but I used 2 1/2" just in case.
                Are you saying the mat is 2 1/2" thick or are you saying you separated them by 2.5"?

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                  Are you saying the mat is 2 1/2" thick or are you saying you separated them by 2.5"?
                  Sorry for the confusion. I bought 2 mats. Each are 1/2" thick.

Comment

BTW, over time I learned that using two was overkill. One would have sufficed.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      BTW, over time I learned that using two was overkill. One would have sufficed.
                      Awesome, thank you for clarifying it.

Comment

Working...
                      X