No announcement yet.

Hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME!!!! Phillip you made my day. :-)
    I have sustained a slight collar bone injury and have not been able to draw my bows in a few weeks. Tried it tonight, just a few shots and all was good. May do this for a while unti I can get back into regular practice. 6 weeks- how about 3.5

Comment

Hummingbird went west with me, Made this happen yesterday evening. Buck was quatering hard away when I shot, my sons says, "Dad I would not have taken that shot, and it looks far back." He is 9 and scored his first doe and buck this year.
      Well it was farther back than I intended and I felt like a pile of it when he skirted the cedar thicket and I saw how far back the shot was, mid rib. Started my prayers. After 20 minutes I could not wait any longer so we got on the trail, about 10 yards from the shot we found blood and within 60 yards he layed. Shot was far back but buried in the off side shoulder. he was quartering really steep and about 18ish shot. Hummingbird Takedown, Goldtip 500 Blems with Bear Razorhead.
      Excuse the stick poking out behind his head, all I could find to prop him up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Way to go!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I see under your pic, it says “Fort McKavitt buck”. Is that where you hunt? I’m in Sonora. Look me up next time you are down this way!!!!

Congrats again!

Bisch

Comment

You are brave. I still wait on the oerfect broad side shot. Nice making it happen with your son there. Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Brave or dumb is a fine line. My son is still harassing me this morning over it.
              Yes sir Bisch. My boss has a place between Ft McKavett and Sonora. I go out to help take care of the place, and while there he lets me hunt some. Pretty good trade off I think.
              Next time I come out there I will definitely let you know. I thought you were closer to Georgetown??

Comment

I used to be in Georgetown. We sold our place there earlier this year and moved out here to Sonora. It is absolutely awesome out here!!!

Bisch

Comment

Bisch, the wildlife is exceptional. Deer, Turkey, pigs, whatever, it's all there. I will definitely have to find you the next trip I make.

Comment

Working...
                  X