How far do you live from work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far do you live from work?

Just curious on how far guys live from their work that work that commute everyday?

Have a job opportunity, the drive is 60 miles 1 way compared to 30 miles round trip at my current job. The job is roughly $20K higher than I currently make which a cost of just fuel alone will be in the neighborhood of $85 a week. Which may just have to buy a small car to commute. So just had me thinking what is to far for a daily commute in your own vehicle while paying for gas?

I drive about 60 miles round trip. I don't mind, I don't want to live in a city.

Comment

45 miles one way

Comment

For me it's not distance but time stuck in traffic. I left a brokerage firm job because the commute would take 45 minutes on a good day but sometimes close to 2 hours. That frustration was enough for me to finally quit

Comment

48 miles one way

Comment

36 seconds

Comment

Mine is about 50 miles round trip.

Comment

1.75 miles

Comment

48 miles one way, but in company vehicle.

Comment

12 miles to the ranch. Anything past that mileage is covered.

Comment

I worked a job for 7 years with a 120mi round trip. Bought a used Ford Focus to drive instead of the truck.

I figured with a paid for truck I was spending about $500-$600 a month in fuel (in CA).

Focus gets 3x the fuel mileage of the truck, so that's ~$200 in fuel + a payment of $200, and I was saving $100-200 a month.

Comment

114 round trip.

Comment

.30 miles from my office.....it is very nice and a big reason we bought our house

Comment

12 miles each way... It used to be 50 miles each way and I don't mis it a bit!!!

Comment

About 30 miles round trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X