No announcement yet.

Fredericksburg or Gruene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You better check with the B&Bs or motels before going cause they are stuffed each weekend in Fburg. Expect the masses as they will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
      been to both many times and both are great - BUT, for one weekend FBURG is a no brainer. PM me if you like and I can give you all the places to see, eat, and stay. Wife and I go there 2-3 per year for the past 30 years. IMO the coolest town not only in Texas but maybe in the States - your wife will love it
      Need to PM

Comment

I really like Gruene.

Comment

A little of both

Comment

I will be taking the wife also. Following this thread for ideas

Comment

Will be taking my wife for her Birthday May 6th to shoot an axis buck and get away and enjoy Fredericksburg, ive been there to hunt but never done anything in town, hope she enjoys it atleast.

Comment

My wife and I went to Fredericksburg a couple of months ago and it was awesome. Definitely a great place. Look in to the cottages from mycountryinn.com. They have axis, whitetail, and elk on the property you stay at.

Comment

I'm a Gruene kinda guy. Check out Homestead Inn properties and the Green Door restaurant. The other town will be a made house this weekend. If weather gets bad, camp out in Gruene hall with a cold lonestar.

Comment

President Bush Pacific War Museum is great if you like history

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                      President Bush Pacific War Museum is great if you like history
                      Awesome place along with Nimitz Museum, but it will take you a LONG TIME to make thru the Bush museum if you stop and read everything they have!

The Plaza of the Presidents (Presidents who have served) is awesome also along with all the memorials to people lost in the wars they have been in. Some amazing stuff to realize families have lost up to 6 sons/daughters to different wars! Will make you think about the sacrifices families have been though.

Comment

I'm a little biased but I prefer Gruene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X