Do you hunt in the rain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anyone hunts in the rain and if so, how successful have you been at it?

I've been successful in light rain before hunting hogs. Never had to deer hunt in the rain but it would not deter me.

Comment

I'm sitting here hunting in the rain right now. I also shot two bucks with a rifle during a break in a downpour a few years ago. One right after the other.

Comment

I have many times. Lot of movement when it slows and stops. Plus it's fun watching them trying to shake the mud off their feet.

Comment

Tough to pass up a good excuse for a nap though.

Comment

a couple of good threads on this...I think the overwhelming majority of us will sit in the rain...knowing the deer will move...downpours...not so much....

Comment

I posted this on another thread, but during the rut I always try to hunt a scrape line. It's been my experience that after the rains quit Bucks will refresh their scrapes ASAP.

Comment

Killed one of my biggest bucks in a rain storm.

Comment

I have always had good luck in a light rain!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    I have always had good luck in a light rain!
                    This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
                      I'm sitting here hunting in the rain right now. I also shot two bucks with a rifle during a break in a downpour a few years ago. One right after the other.
                      I'm out here with ya, hopefully it will get the deer moving. Shot my only deer with a bow last year in the rain

Comment

Light rain yes. The deer move during a light rain. And it seems to supress your scent. I've had my closest encounters during a light rain. The only issue is blood trailing can be harder, due to the rain washing the blood off the grass and leaves that are already wet.

Comment

Depends on the target species, depends on how motivated I am, depends on where I am hunting and depends on how big of that species I think is in the area...............the answer is yes!!!

Comment

I shot a yote in the rain. Problem is it washes away the blood trail. I went straight over and picked up my arrow and it was solid blood from one end to the other but only on bottom as it was washing off. Needles to say never did recover him. So think twice about shooting that big buck in the rain unless its a gun and your doing a neck shot.

Comment

If I'm in a box blind yes, tree stand no way....

Comment

Working...
                              X