Muzzle Loader Season. Who's Busting out the Smoke Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
    Screw the weather. We only get so many days to hunt. I'll be on my bike, as usual, riding to the end of a few closed roads.

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
    I'm such a total wuss. Sitting at home sipping coffee and waiting for the football games this afternoon. Was going to make the drive to the SHNF, but not after seeing all the rain in the forecast for this afternoon.

You guys have fun out there! I'll get 'em next week.
    Wait what......?

Comment

Last year found a Cabelas bargain cave deal on a Tradition Evolution. So far no complaints. The weather has won this weekend. Right now, rain, thunder and lightening. It's gonna be football and staying dry. Hopefully, next weekend.

Comment

Does anyone have their muzzle loader scoped or have you stuck with open sights? Right now, mine is open sights. My eyes are good for open sights at 50 yards. Anything further, not going to risk a shot.

Comment

I still use open sights on a percussion cap. And I got me a doe on Friday.

Comment

I love blk powder and shoot two TC encore and prohunter but would love to have a savage but man are they hard to get.

Comment

Hunting with old style Cabelas 50 cal made by Invest arms.
              Deer are still scarce as we still have lots of acorns on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                I still use open sights on a percussion cap. And I got me a doe on Friday.
                Awesome doeboy11. I'm going to give it another go next weekend. Hope to get a doe on the ground also.

Thinking of heading to the range after the game to bust some caps(primers). I use the 209 primers.

Comment

Next weekend is my weekend with the BP. Taking my brother, first time he has hunted with me in a while. Should be fun times.

Comment

I'll be trying to get my first muzzleloader deer next weekend. I've had one for a few years, just never been successful yet.

Comment

Got it done last night with the new TC. Don't hate on my duo tone (wood/plastic) it's gonna be the next big thing in hunting! Classic meets modern. Lol. She ain't huge but she wasn't a fawn. Also first deer killed on our new property. Pretty excited.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
                        Got it done last night with the new TC. Don't hate on my duo tone (wood/plastic) it's gonna be the next big thing in hunting! Classic meets modern. Lol. She ain't huge but she wasn't a fawn. Also first deer killed on our new property. Pretty excited.

Congrats bud!!

Comment

I use open sights. Was walking back to the house saterday morning and saw a squirrel.
                          25 yards kneeling, nailed him. Ruined both shoulders, but the rest tasted good.
                          54 cal is a little big

Comment

Thanks Jason!
                            John that's awesome.

Comment

Well. Down to today to get it done. Great weather. Let's what happens.

Comment

Got a doe sunday morning with my muzzleloader. yes to meat in the freezer... was getting a little worried last week. i have a picture on my phone but not sure how to post it on here. I will mess with it in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X