No announcement yet.

Do you hunt in the rain??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love a light rain, you may not see much all day but if the rain stops it could get get really good and fast.

Opening day was one such day where it all came together for me. It rained off and on all day. I only saw three small deer in the morning then walked to the stand in a light but steady rain at four. All the while thinking, you can't kill em watching the A&M game from the couch.

Well, luck was on my side and the rain stopped at 5:30, the deer piled in at 6:15 and the rest is history.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEUUunJTrI&list=UU2HPrkoHEnmgCyKu_P26Rig"]Opening Day 2014 9 Point Buck - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I will hunt rainy days if it looks like the rain will be spotty. Killed my best bow buck in break in the rain. If it rains hard and the rain breaks ... game on!

Comment

I've learned my lesson about that. Last year we had a **** floater while hunting. Decided to head in even though we were both hunting popups and were out of the rain. As soon as the rain stopped, the deer got moving. I mean they were everywhere. It was like a doggone petting zoo while we were driving through the property checking a few things before we went back home. I really regret not having stayed in that blind that morning.

Comment

I Love hunting in the rain. I will go out of my way to be in the stand if I know its going to rain off and on

Comment

Only if its freezing cold and raining

Comment

Lite rain makes for great hunting. The deer and hogs really get moving after it slows. I have killed lots of critters in the rain.

Comment

as long as there isn't much lightning

Comment

Got up this morning, looked out the window, went back to bed!

So the answer is............NO!

Bisch

Comment

Actually have really good luck in the rain. Just have to make sure shot placement is spot on because of tracking reasons

Comment

It poured in Fredericksburg this morning. Deer showed as soon as it slacked up. Heavy drizzle and they were out at the feeder.

Comment

It depends. I have killed more hogs in light rain than anything. That being said, some areas are so thick, I need blood to find them.

Lost a doe once due to rain. Perfect 20 yard shot, everything went as planned except for 5 minutes after shooting, a monsoon hit and all my blood was gone. 4-5 of us searched for 3 hours in the dark and rain in a pine thicket to no avail.

Rain alone certainly won't keep me off a stand somewhere.

Comment

I won't sit in a tripod in a downpour, but if it's just light rain, intermittent rain, or the possibility of rain, I'll don the proper gear and get at it. If there's a possibility that it will rain then clear off, then I don't mind going in the rain and sitting in a pop-up and waiting it out.

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
                          ....I also shot two bucks with a rifle during a break in a downpour a few years ago. One right after the other.
                          I did the same thing many years ago in Coleman, and I have shot my best bow buck right after a gully-washer!

Comment

I like hunting in the rain.
                            Killed my biggest buck (body wise) just a few minutes after a downpour.
                            Saw two nice bucks that day right after that rain. Have had a few other similar situations over the years.

Comment

Did this morning, sucked. In a tree stand.

Comment

I love a misty rain to hunt in. A down pour gets old very quickly. I believe deer are a lot like us. Slight rain is ok a down pour is bed down time.

Comment

Working...
                                X